• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Manager Thread..Appointments & Dismissals

dontpassback

Perhaps the American owner thinks throwing money at it will bring success,perhaps someone needs to have a word,and if graham potter goes there,he needs to wobble his head

sign of the chimes

True, because I thought a large part of the rationale behind his signing, other than Chelsea being desperate for a striker, was his apparently good relationship with Tuchel after their time together at Dortmund.
So the day after Aubameyang’s debut they sack Tuchel (which if you believe some reports) had been brewing for awhile and maybe even before the signing.
I hope for their sake Tuchel’s successor can get a tune out of him, otherwise it’s likely to be yet another very expensive mistake by them.
But to be honest I don’t really care either way provided they‘ve still got enough money to pay us the Ampadu add ons in due course.
Indeed - for all those reasons. Given the outlay this summer if whoever goes in there this summer can't get a tune out of this squad then they're going to be in a difficult position next summer in relation to FFP I'd have thought (given the three-year rolling assessment).

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Indeed - for all those reasons. Given the outlay this summer if whoever goes in there this summer can't get a tune out of this squad then they're going to be in a difficult position next summer in relation to FFP I'd have thought (given the three-year rolling assessment).
Sounds like they'll be in L1 before we know it !

sign of the chimes

Sounds like they'll be in L1 before we know it !
Nah, they'll just have to trim their wage bill by £30m a year or so. Real penury.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nah, they'll just have to trim their wage bill by £30m a year or so. Real penury.
What both our clubs could do with £30 mill pa !
PUP & UTC

Bridgy 81

I think the Koulibaly signing looks an odd one too.
31 years old, 4 year contract and £33M transfer fee.
I suppose you could say he’s still adjusting to the tempo of the Premium League but he’s looked completely off the pace to me the couple of times I’ve seen him so far.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I suppose you could say he’s still adjusting to the tempo of the Premium League but he’s looked completely off the pace to me the couple of times I’ve seen him so far.
Would have done better playing Amps over the years to give him experience needed at less cost with longer shelf life

sign of the chimes

Not seen enough of him in the live PL games to comment on his performances but, yeah, the age/contract/fee just give off a vibe of a club doing weird stuff. I know Tuchel has a reputation for falling out with owners but given that his last two clubs have been PSG and Chelsea I wonder whether history will look back and realise that in both of those instances imbecilic owners were the problem, not the manager/head coach. Very little doubt in my mind regarding the powers-that-be at PSG.

Early days with Boehly at Chelsea but my **** sensor is clicking away. Not disappointed either.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Potter in at Chelsea. Wonder how long he'll last?

David Treharne

Interesting insights from Matt Grimes about Graham Potter in today's Guardian, as well as the peice about Jay Stansfield.