• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Manager Thread..Appointments & Dismissals

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Watford have sacked their manager Xisco Munoz after 10 months in the job.
Oh shock, horror. I am stunned........... not. Watford change their managers more often than a branch of KiwkFit changes tyres. :rolleyes:

iscalad

Oh shock, horror. I am stunned........... not. Watford change their managers more often than a branch of KiwkFit changes tyres. :rolleyes:
Claudio Ranireri back

Colesman Ballz

I am totally amazed that "Bad Boy" Barton is still clinging on to his job by his finger nails ! :unsure:

sign of the chimes

I am totally amazed that "Bad Boy" Barton is still clinging on to his job by his finger nails ! :unsure:
I think the Rovers owner is stuck between a rock and a hard place - largely of this own making. They made a strategic decision when Graham Coughlan left them in L1 to get the wage bill down, reduce cost and slow losses. The idea was to employ a decent coach who would bring youngsters through with a resale value - the previous model appeared to be the owner(s) subsidising losses to keep them in L1. They employed Ben Garner who had a decent reputation working with PL youngsters and from the outside it appears they expected him to jettison the older (and higher earning) pros inherited by previous managers and work with youngsters identified by their DoF/equivalent, Tommy Widdrington. At that point they basically wrote off a promising campaign - I think Coughlan had them in the top 6 in L1 - as the writing was on the wall for many in the squad when the Garner appointment was made. Garner got off to a slow start last season but appeared to start to be turning things around when he was sacked with, I think, them around the bottom third but not in contention for the drop when he went.

What followed was mental. They dropped Garner, appointed Tisdale (I think on the basis he was available and his record with yourselves) and there appears to have been a very quick realisation that Tisdale, Widdrington and their CEO Starnes; who appears to have a mediocre record at best, couldn't work together. That strategy appears to have lasted 18 months as they then appointed Barton and gave him licence to completely overhaul the squad and bring in players who didn't match the strategy they had only signed up to 18 covid-affected months previous.

I've got lots of sympathy with the Rovers support - they're a proper club with a decent identity. The senior management, less so. However, if they sack Barton now, where do they go? Someone like Flynn is available and may be an upgrade on Barton but, at some point, they need to work out what they're trying to achieve and the model they want to use. If they don't get things right very soon could see them becoming another Grimsby, Oldham, etc.

DB9

Claudio Ranireri back
Confirmed

denzel

Odds for next Newport manager. Tisdale doesn't seem to be rated, nowadays he is just a 'cold, calculated manager'.
And when did he move to Bath?

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Steve Bruce still manager at Newcastle.

Make the most of it Brucey.

Alistair20000

Yep. The The Elbow or its Saudi equivalent is about to rock up.

fred binneys head

I hope they give him the respect of allowing him to manage the next game so that he reaches 1,000 games as a manager

Colesman Ballz

I am sure that he will, all £6,000,000 of his projected payoff ! :)