• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Manager Thread..Appointments & Dismissals

dontpassback

Neil Harris just been appointed manager at Cambridge Utd

dontpassback

Dino mammria gone from Burton

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Alex Neil dismissed from the Stoke City managers post.

Bridgy 81

Alex Neil dismissed from the Stoke City managers post.
There’s a very good statue of Stanley Matthews at Stoke’s stadium.
It’s unusual in that there are three versions of him, like he’s on a run, dribbling the ball.
Check it out online if you’re interested.
There’s also one of him in Hanley town centre, but it’s not so interesting in my opinion.

sign of the chimes

Dino mammria gone from Burton
Burton of late appear to have a trend of appointing managers to keep them up and supporting them in January; then seeing them struggle at the start of the following campaign and rinse and repeat. My sense is that they're punching above their weight in League One but surviving - didn't think Maamria was doing a terrible job on that basis (they were competitive af against us last midweek and arguably deserved a point - so no sense the players had given up). The thirteen word statement announcing the parting of ways on their OS could be indicative that relations were frosty though.

DB9

Former Wigan boss (No, Not that one unfortunately) Leam Richardson gets the Rotherham gig.

sign of the chimes

Former Wigan boss (No, Not that one unfortunately) Leam Richardson gets the Rotherham gig.
From what I know of Leam's time at Wigan (he was a former assistant at Pompey); I think they may have just replaced Matt Taylor with Matt Taylor; though given what went before suspect that's likely the plan and Taylor was just collateral damage.

Ex-ciderrr

Sunderland appoint Michael Beale as their new manager, formerly of Glasgow Rangers and Queens Park Rangers

ryancooper327

Schumacher to Stoke it seems.

DB9

Schumacher to Stoke it seems.
We can send Caldwell to the Greenies then, Problem solved. (y)