• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Manager Thread..Appointments & Dismissals

Bridgy 81

I think John Eustace was very unlucky to lose his job at Birmingham but as soon new owners took over I suppose that was sadly inevitable.
They were in a perilous position when he joined last year and he kept them up but then was sacked after a decent start to this season i.e. 6th position having won his previous 2 matches.
Since Rooney has come in he’s presided over 3 consecutive defeats and they’ve dropped to 14th.
Eustace doesn’t have a long managerial CV in the league (but did have a decent stint at Kidderminster).
Most of his career (including as a player) has been in the Midlands, where I believe he’s from.
I mentioned on another thread sometime ago that he has a connection with Devon though.
I wandered into the Castle Hotel in Woolacombe some years ago for a look around.
I saw a photo of a footballer over the bar and asked the proprietor about it.
She said it was her son (John Eustace).
I looked up their website recently and the hotel still seems to be run by his family and in the photo gallery his picture still seems to be on display.
Who knows what the future may hold for him and us?

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Danny Cowley changes his mind about becoming Bradford City's new manager after agreeing terms earlier this week citing family reasons.

Alistair20000

Danny Cowley changes his mind about becoming Bradford City's new manager after agreeing terms earlier this week citing family reasons.
Maybe he fancies the Bristol City job ?

iscalad

Expect his brother told him it was a going nowhere club.

david61

Maybe he fancies the Bristol City job ?
or Manchester United😎

DB9

Graham Alexander appointed as Bradford City's new manager.

Bridgy 81

Graham Alexander appointed as Bradford City's new manager.
He’ll know Kevin McDonald from their time together at Burnley (including 2009/10 season in the Premier League).
Alexander was in the veteran stage of his career then whilst K Mc was a young professional just beginning to make his way.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Liam Manning out of Oxford and Straight to Bristol City

dontpassback

Liam Manning out of Oxford and Straight to Bristol City
On the Otib forum there is a great sense of underwhelming,being displayed !

sign of the chimes

On the Otib forum there is a great sense of underwhelming,being displayed !
The Oxford forum has made amusing reading over the past few days. Very complacent that City wouldn't be interested when he was first mentioned at the weekend and, to a poster, saying what an incredible job he was doing. All of a sudden he became a snake and no more than a PowerPoint manager who was already being found out in League One.

Joking aside I've got a fair bit of sympathy for the support, Manning had come in and was a breath of fresh air after the previous incumbent had outstayed their welcome (not sure if you've ever gone through that) - for him to disappear after less than eight months (including the gap between seasons) is pretty disappointing.

That said, it sounds like the club could be at fault as they'd insisited on a break clause if they were releagated last term and his 'people' had agreed to that so long as a release clause was included on his behalf. Difficult for the club to expect loyalty on that basis.