• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Manager Thread..Appointments & Dismissals

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe, Jones was so far out of his depth, Great at Luton, Crap at Stoke too, Sometimes a manager just fits into one club and in Jones case it's Luton but they're do OK without him so he'll have to live off his compo from Southampton for a while.
It was a very weird match in the first place. Whilst he may well have been out of his depth, after their summer recruitment they were a poisoned chalice anyways. Very bad decision to leave an overachieving club, with a terrific team, for one heading rapidly downwards. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
It was a very weird match in the first place. Whilst he may well have been out of his depth, after their summer recruitment they were a poisoned chalice anyways. Very bad decision to leave an overachieving club, with a terrific team, for one heading rapidly downwards. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Money must have been good

DB9

Money must have been good
The money of course is a decision but i'd imagine for Jones that a Prem club comes calling and all that brings, A belief in his own confidence (Didn't do him any good) and to work with better players is hard to turn down. The Stadium/Training facilities so much better than at Luton also.

Alistair20000

The money of course is a decision but i'd imagine for Jones that a Prem club comes calling and all that brings, A belief in his own confidence (Didn't do him any good) and to work with better players is hard to turn down. The Stadium/Training facilities so much better than at Luton also.
He will be back on the management merry go round in due course despite this failure

DB9

He will be back on the management merry go round in due course despite this failure
I think at a lower league level.

Alistair20000

I think at a lower league level.
Almost certainly

sign of the chimes

Nathan Jones sacked as Southampton manager.
Really disappointed given the excellent job Jones was doing at St. Mary's - he'll be a tough act to replace.

Joking aside, it will be interesting to see who they replace him with. From what I understand he was very much their DoF Rasmus Ankersen's appointment (former DoF at Brentford). A 'Hail Mary' type appointment (e.g. Allardyce) would seem worth a punt given the stakes - but could cause them problems beyond the short term.

DB9

Neil Warnock comes out of "Retirement" to take charge of Huddersfield.

Radio Free Skaro

Perfect job for Tis!

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Despite his Argyle links, I do like Colin W.