• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Manager Thread..Appointments & Dismissals

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Blackburn looking for manager - Matt Taylor please don't jump ?
Please, We don't want those endless thread we had about our former manager.

sign of the chimes

Maybe so, I didn't read anything in FGR's statment that they will be this further, Just disappointment in Watford and their former manager.
Yeah, sorry I was being facetious. Interestingly Dale Vince has been on Twitter stating that Edwards had a contract that didn't run out until 2024; so not sure how Watford will avoid paying some compensation. It doesn't sound like either Watford or Edwards have acted with honour; but I guess we've only heard from the FGR end so far.

DB9

Yeah, sorry I was being facetious. Interestingly Dale Vince has been on Twitter stating that Edwards had a contract that didn't run out until 2024; so not sure how Watford will avoid paying some compensation. It doesn't sound like either Watford or Edwards have acted with honour; but I guess we've only heard from the FGR end so far.
Watford go through managers like a dose of salts, As for FGR, I really don't know how they operate, Only what's been put on here about the money they have etc, As for Dale Vince, Surely if Watford have done the dirty he'd want to complain to someone?

dontpassback

Watford and class,two words that don’t go together

Oldsmobile-88

Watford and class,two words that don’t go together
A shame that’s happened to a club that for many years was associated to a gentleman of the game, Graham Taylor.

Alistair20000

Tony Mowbray leaving Blackburn Rovers when his contract ends after 5 years in the job.

Will Rovers still be interested in Josh Key ?

dontpassback

Scott brown leaves Scotland for fleetwood

sign of the chimes

Scott brown leaves Scotland for fleetwood
Is it wrong that this (underlined), from the Fleetwood Town website, makes me feel a bit sick - nothing to do with the Old Firm - just that someone would use that in an article on an official club media outlet?

1652395344339.png

Oldsmobile-88

Is it wrong that this (underlined), from the Fleetwood Town website, makes me feel a bit sick - nothing to do with the Old Firm - just that someone would use that in an article on an official club media outlet?

View attachment 8538
It is a phrase more associated to a fans forum rather than a official release.
As if managing a team for the first time is not difficult enough without that phrase raising expectations at a club that missed relegation by a whisker.

StroudGrecian

View attachment 8538
The incorrect use of the hyphen is annoying but not sickening.