• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Macclesfield Town v Exeter City Official Match Day Thread.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Get a room lads.

Rosencrantz

Get a room lads.
They'll only argue on who should go the right side of the bed and who on the left 😄

dontpassback

I hope Macc play really well on tues night and get 3 points !!!

IndoMike

Get a room lads.
I would die first.
Plus I always sleep on the right and I ain't moving for some bleddy Newcastle supporter (even though I lived there for 5 years and have seen them play more than he has 😛).

Copernicus

"Bowman misses again, he could not hit a cows arse with a tennis bat"

So does that mean you could hit a cows a$$ with a tennis bat ? ;)
Hmm, not seen one over here, would a camel do?

robchave

Hmm, not seen one over here, would a camel do?
Though he could probably do it with a cricket racquet.

exeips

**** Club.
10 min before KO Queue for tickets for away end other side of ground to away end. Can not go in ground without ticket. They had no pre sale at Exeter. Queue got down to last 7. Ran out of tickets to sell they said which was a till reciept thing with bar code. 7 City fans including me stuck in rain being told sold out. Not sold out in seated area but sold out of the tickets they said. The 7 of us stood trying to get some sence of why and what. City Score. Miss Goal. Guy on phone for 20 minutes. Then they sell us something with till reciept and say show it at turnstile. Got in 3:10.
Glad we won.
I think you're being a bit harsh on Macclesfield Roger!
We arrived in Macclesfield at 1.30ish and there was plenty of parking. We walked up to the ground and a few friendly Macclesfield fans talked to us on the way in and thought it was great we'd travelled up on the day and wished us well. We already bought our tickets straight from the Macclesfield website with print at home tickets, which was easy and scanned as we entered the ground(something you can't do at sjp). Stewards and staff inside the ground were friendly and helpful.
I see you arrived in Macclesfield at 12.40pm but didn't get to the turnstiles until 10 minutes before kick off without a ticket. I think it was olds who warned on the away thread that there was a queue for the tickets last season despite it being on a Tuesday night? Macclesfield are a small club probably punching above their weight so we can't expect them to have lots of staff on standby waiting for loads of away fans to come straight from the pub to get into the ground with no fuss.
Didn't you also have an issue with getting into cravern cottage after kick off when we played at Fulham last season in the cup after you'd been in the pub? Maybe you should think of leaving the pub a little earlier! 😜

Rog H K

I think you're being a bit harsh on Macclesfield Roger!
We arrived in Macclesfield at 1.30ish and there was plenty of parking. We walked up to the ground and a few friendly Macclesfield fans talked to us on the way in and thought it was great we'd travelled up on the day and wished us well. We already bought our tickets straight from the Macclesfield website with print at home tickets, which was easy and scanned as we entered the ground(something you can't do at sjp). Stewards and staff inside the ground were friendly and helpful.
I see you arrived in Macclesfield at 12.40pm but didn't get to the turnstiles until 10 minutes before kick off without a ticket. I think it was olds who warned on the away thread that there was a queue for the tickets last season despite it being on a Tuesday night? Macclesfield are a small club probably punching above their weight so we can't expect them to have lots of staff on standby waiting for loads of away fans to come straight from the pub to get into the ground with no fuss.
Didn't you also have an issue with getting into cravern cottage after kick off when we played at Fulham last season in the cup after you'd been in the pub? Maybe you should think of leaving the pub a little earlier! 😜
Nothing to do with having a pint before. We had a taxi straight to the ground too, it was just bad buisness on their part.
At Fulham I was there early enough like hundreds of others were . When I went to SJP, City had sold out of pre posted tickets, Fulham hadn't posted enough and said no problem pay on turnstiles to ECFC. The issue on the night was Fulham had not printed enough tickets. They issued you a ticket at the turnstile at the same time as you paid your cash. Premier Club? They would not let anyone in unless they gave you a ticket at the same time. I was there with plenty of time. Hundreds were left outside until after KO while we waited for someone to walk around to the office to print some more off, come back to hand them out as you handed your cash over at turnstile. Incompetence management.
The issue at Macclesfield was Amateur for a professional football Club what ever level and size they are. They said they had sold out the stand at 1st?? Then said they had no more tickets to sell. Queing for tickets wasn't my gripe and It wasn't a lack of staffing numbers issue like you say it was, it was just sheer incompetence. Not to have enough tickets ready and available at any level is pathetic.

You wouldn't go to the Odeon to watch a Film and be told 'Sorry sir, can you wait untill ten minutes into the film as we need to print some more tickets off to sell you".
it doesn't happen does it? Shouldn't happen at a Football League Club(or Prem!)

At least Exeter have a cash turnstile still and If tickets are pre sold at SJP for away fixtures I always try and get them from ECFC before and they were not available. I do not have facility to print my own ticket.

Reactions: WXF

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's actually ridiculous that in this day and age we can't buy tickets online and just have a QR code on our phones.