• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Macclesfield Town v Exeter City Official Match Day Thread.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
The biggest recurring theme this season is that we keep winning, because we're 2nd on goal difference. By this stage of the season, that's never 'despite' the managers decisions. It's OK to question stuff, but it's good to give credit when the decisions turn out right. If he's just lucky, then Taylor is seriously lucky.

Also, how can you say the subs are wrong AND too late? Getting into woody Allen territory.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not sure you could say that ,can’t me much fun being
A fan not knowing if you’re team is going be wound up
any day.
Points deduction etc.
But you do Know Macclesfield is a small town population 51k
Always going to struggle to get more than 3k even if in the top
Six ,let alone 23rd in the League.
Hope that you didn't deplete their coffers too badly with your confident prediction last night "No chance the game will go ahead. End of." Lol !

Rog H K

Shit Club.
10 min before KO Queue for tickets for away end other side of ground to away end. Can not go in ground without ticket. They had no pre sale at Exeter. Queue got down to last 7. Ran out of tickets to sell they said which was a till reciept thing with bar code. 7 City fans including me stuck in rain being told sold out. Not sold out in seated area but sold out of the tickets they said. The 7 of us stood trying to get some sence of why and what. City Score. Miss Goal. Guy on phone for 20 minutes. Then they sell us something with till reciept and say show it at turnstile. Got in 3:10.
Glad we won.

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Can't see anyone being pilloried, but I enjoyed your use of the word.
Post 337, exhausted mentions 'the bile that spewed out when Macca equalise'. Perhaps that was the reference. Was just a bit strong regarding comments by those who were frustrated.

Legohead

Banned
**** Club.
10 min before KO Queue for tickets for away end other side of ground to away end. Can not go in ground without ticket. They had no pre sale at Exeter. Queue got down to last 7. Ran out of tickets to sell they said which was a till reciept thing with bar code. 7 City fans including me stuck in rain being told sold out. Not sold out in seated area but sold out of the tickets they said. The 7 of us stood trying to get some sence of why and what. City Score. Miss Goal. Guy on phone for 20 minutes. Then they sell us something with till reciept and say show it at turnstile. Got in 3:10.
Glad we won.

I had a similar experience when I went there back in August in the Scunny end with a Scunny mate. Managed to get to the ticket office on the corner, bought ticket. The lad gave me a seating ticket when I wanted a terrace ticket. He then had to contact someone on a walkie talkie to be able to authorize the refund back to me of the difference in price between the seats and terrace and re issue me with the correct ticket.

It was about 30 degrees heat and there was a large queue of Scunny fans congregating behind me and I was getting a bit fractious. It took about 10-15 minutes to actually get this sorted out. It was ridiculous.

They are a small club, in a small town and whilst i'm fine with that and won't hold it against them, they are not run properly and don't pay their bills. They belong in the evo stik league.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've said it before but I'll say it again, this is the best SQUAD I have seen in 53 seasons. With 4 players missing who would make my starting 11, Law, Maxted, Sparkes and Parkes and still be very competitive is impressive. With at least three of those hopefully back in contention in the next three weeks we're still in a strong position. Next week at Northampton is now massive and I can see another big Grecian following.
As well as the players you mention who are missing we also had quality playes like Jake and the two Lees on the bench who couldn't get in the team. Jayden was also one of our best players against Oldham and was unlucky not to be picked today.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
My summary for what it's worth:

First half, weather Shiite, City played well, kept it on the floor and passed the ball around Macc, carving them open several times. Could and should have been 3 or 4 up at half time. Then they score a fluke and get some confidence.

Second half, weather even worse, Macc playing with confidence, get a second from a corner, start dominating us, King Matt makes two brave substitutions, strengthening the midfield by swapping Jay (who had a good first half) for Taylor and then swapping Ajose for Richardson, allowing Dickenson to push further forward. The 2nd substitution gave us control over the midfield due to our 5 against their 4, which was what we needed. We were then the better side for the last 10 minutes and we scored a reasonably lucky goal after their keeper pushed the ball out against Ryan's legs, although watch the highlights and look at their defender pulling Ryan's shirt!

Overall it was a win that felt lucky but shouldn't have, due to our first half dominance. Credit to Ryan Bowman (I love Ryan Bowman, me) for his relentless effort despite early misses (he never goes hiding) but overall huge credit to King Matt for two brave substitutions which were questioned on the terrace and seemingly on here. Swapping Ajose for Richardson was what won us the game.

I now want Macc to batter Argyle. See you all at Pompey.
I think that's spot-on aout the substitutions. Williams and Bowman were both struggling to have much of an impact second half and the obvious thing to do would have been to replace one or both of them but instead Matt Taylor keeps both of them on and they combine for the goal.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
**** Club.
Glad we won.
Not been a great week for you Rog has it! Just hoping Sky don't add to your woes and make the Argyle game a lunchtime kick-off and scupper your sponsored walk.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
i don’t think that a fifth card in February results in a suspension. Only a ban for five cards before an earlier date, back IIRC before Christmas.

The thing to watch now is ten yellows in the season, which does result in a ban. MT said that he was concerned about Bowman , because he is on seven yellows already
After 19 games you need ten yellow cards for a suspension so Aaron Martin is fine. The cut-off for 10 yellow cards is 37 games so Ryan needs to avoid getting 3 yellow cards in the next 4 games.
thefa.com/football-rules-governance/discipline/suspensions

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
After 19 games you need ten yellow cards for a suspension so Aaron Martin is fine. The cut-off for 10 yellow cards is 37 games so Ryan needs to avoid getting 3 yellow cards in the next 4 games.
thefa.com/football-rules-governance/discipline/suspensions
Thanks Sea Grecian - Ryan needs to keep his elbows in for 4 games then ! UTC