• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Macclesfield Town v Exeter City Official Match Day Thread.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
And so you should..
What the first or the latter?

Banksy

ive lost my dustbin bollards
Painful.

Red faced

What the first or the latter?
right to have reservations ..

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Bit squeaky bum time for a while there but glad of another 3 points.
Fair play to anyone who went today given the conditions have a safe trip back home.
UTC.

Exehausted

I've said it before but I'll say it again, this is the best SQUAD I have seen in 53 seasons. With 4 players missing who would make my starting 11, Law, Maxted, Sparkes and Parkes and still be very competitive is impressive. With at least three of those hopefully back in contention in the next three weeks we're still in a strong position. Next week at Northampton is now massive and I can see another big Grecian following.

scottus86

Randell Williams is probably our player of the season. He put the ball on a plate for both of our strikers today, always offers an out ball, is a nightmare for the opposition full back and winger as they need to double up on him, he can score a goal or two and he has an exotic celebration. He might stay if we go up, doubt he will if we don't.

Ajose will come good for the final part of this season, although he was also guilty of not taking some chances today.

Matt Jay is a great player. I didn't understand the substitution as he offered a lot going forward. Perhaps Taylor felt we needed to be a bit more cautious in the centre of midfield, it didn't really work as the equalised soon after.

The Richardson for Ajose substitution was strange but the change of formation turned the game in our favour and finally got us the third goal.

Is Bowman a decent league 2 striker or do we provide him with so many chances that it's inevitable that he will score them? He has been frustrating with his poor finishing this season but he has scored 13 league goals, which isn't to be sniffee at.

Their first goal was a freak but changed the course of the game. Our cocky approach was trashed and their confidence grew. Their second goal was disappointing.

When we are feeling confident we look unplayable but then a mistake and a goal just shatters us, Taylor needs to reinstall that steel we had before Christmas again.

Banksy

I've said it before but I'll say it again, this is the best SQUAD I have seen in 53 seasons. With 4 players missing who would make my starting 11, Law, Maxted, Sparkes and Parkes and still be very competitive is impressive. With at least three of those hopefully back in contention in the next three weeks we're still in a strong position. Next week at Northampton is now massive and I can see another big Grecian following.
Interesting you rate Maxted ahead of Ward And Law of Jay.

PeteUSA

I've said it before but I'll say it again, this is the best SQUAD I have seen in 53 seasons.

Thats as may be, but we're woefully short of attacking/goalscoring options. Again today, Bowman really was generally really poor, and for me, Ajose isnt far behind. Its a good thing other players are stepping up.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Think that's Aaron's 5th card so will have to serve 1 match ban - hopefully Tuesday counts.
Otherwise need Parkes back - guess that MT brought Warren back for this reason.
Well done you hardy 300ish - safe trip back to stormy Devon.
UTC

Red faced

how many city fans were there ? any idea ?