• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Lockdown photos while out exercising

GJW

While the weather has been so good and I have been out for a walk each day (on my own) for my daily exercise, I am seeing the best of this area which I am lucky enough to live in. Just want to share some of these views and any other interesting shots of nature, if I get them. Would love to see how the natural world is doing in your area or how and where you are spending your exercise time.

This was yesterday morning looking across to Instow from Appledore. No one about early in the morning.

GJW

This was lunchtime today looking across at Westward Ho! Beach and Northam from the top of Westward Ho! Shame about the dog shit

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
This is my daily walk around the country lanes of Pennsylvania. We go and see the same two horses about twice a week. Managed to stay out for 90 mins today as someone insisted on walking all the way back home.20200422_103032.jpg

GJW

This is my daily walk around the country lanes of Pennsylvania. We go and see the same two horses about twice a week. Managed to stay out for 90 mins today as someone insisted on walking all the way back home.View attachment 2117
Good stuff. The thing I really notice now, More than before, is the birdsong. More birds. So peaceful.
Apart from the odd gull. They can sod off. My kids won’t come for a walk that often but when they do there are fields with horses just down the road from us.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Lovely pictures you two. That one of Appledore particularly brought back memories , did a children’s camp up there forty odd years ago.Thinks was it really that long?

Legohead

Banned
Unfortunately we have nowhere to walk to. Just around housing estates. You are very lucky.

GJW

Right, going out for my daily exercise. Will try and find a nice view with no dog shit and report back later or some nature shots, maybe some Great Tits. Good thing about this area is the 2m rule doesn’t really come in to play, more like 20m if I’m lucky and I even see anyone (apart from the tits).

Legohead

Banned
To be honest mate. If I could exercise where you do each day then I wouldn't mind if the whole place was covered in dogsh*t. I see plenty of t*ts too though when i do go out. Usually wearing hoods in 25 degree heat and hanging around the co-op on bikes.

GJW

Looking across the River Torridge to Westleigh, from near the Appledore Shipyard. Not too far today. Only saw a couple of people today from distance. Very sweaty now. Going to have an ice cold beer in the garden.

ex_user1234

Resigned
This is my daily walk around the country lanes of Pennsylvania. We go and see the same two horses about twice a week. Managed to stay out for 90 mins today as someone insisted on walking all the way back home.View attachment 2117
Is that behind the top of Stoke Valley Road?