• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Lockdown photos while out exercising

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
That sounds my sort of place. I always promised myself I’d get the binos out and look at the stars here a bit more , must get around to it again, With no city glare clear nights are beautiful.Also , like your in laws not much traffic , mainly cyclists.

DB9

That sounds my sort of place. I always promised myself I’d get the binos out and look at the stars here a bit more , must get around to it again, With no city glare clear nights are beautiful.Also , like your in laws not much traffic , mainly cyclists.
Great place at night with no light pollution the stars certainly come out. As for the traffic, hardly any except farm vehicles which is part of country life. Give me that place over a crowded beach any day.

manc grecian

Popped out to Greendale this morning.29882989

Liked the look of breakfast but would've been about as relaxing as a punch in the face with my chosen company.

Colesman Ballz

It is Olds, My in laws don't have the internet and the phone signal is a bit iffy but my kids loved and still love visiting their grandparents too, When they were younger it was like when we crossed into Devon they'd become so polite and never argue in front of them. I go there to relax, At night when you turn the lights off it is pitch black, No street lights and no sounds, Perfect peace and during the day hardly any traffic. Bliss.
Excuse me for asking DB, but the one thing that intrigues me in your photos is what appears to be a "white lining machine" sitting in the middle of the immaculate lawn. It's not the sort of thing you come across every day in a garden, was a tennis court or something else about to be marked out ?

Legohead

Banned
Popped out to Greendale this morning.View attachment 2988View attachment 2989

Liked the look of breakfast but would've been about as relaxing as a punch in the face with my chosen company.
Did you bump into Postman Pat on your travels Manc? ;)

DB9

Excuse me for asking DB, but the one thing that intrigues me in your photos is what appears to be a "white lining machine" sitting in the middle of the immaculate lawn. It's not the sort of thing you come across every day in a garden, was a tennis court or something else about to be marked out ?
Funny you say that, I asked my FIL about that, He said he got it from a skip at the local village school who were chucking it away, Painted it up with Hammerite paint and its there for just lawn decoration, He loves the outdoor salvage sales so with none going on this was a bit of a bonus. Aside from the lovely lawn, he has also a great Vegatable garden, Polytunnels, Greenhouses. Both my in laws are really keen gardeners and everytime we visit there is something extra or they've made like a swing seat, Garden shade area to sit in hot days like Wednesday, They've got this retirement well sorted!

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Popped out to Greendale this morning.View attachment 2988View attachment 2989

That Highland cow needs a haircut, especially the fringe!

• Haha
Reactions: DB9

LOG

That Highland cow needs a haircut, especially the fringe!
He'll have to wait until 4th July.

DB9

He'll have to wait until 4th July.
I think a haircut will be the least of its problem! :D

GJW

Haven’t been out walking much due to knee problem, but all rested and good again. Short walk with my 2 youngest up to High Willhays. Can you see the goblin face on the right side of the rocks in the second picture? I always see faces in the rocks; Witches, Goblins, Arsenal Wenger.