• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Local leagues restart?

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Anyone in the know aware of what is happening to local leagues, like the Devon and Exeter. As I understand it, organised sports can restart from the 29th March and some leagues were looking at having some local Cup competitions, but the Western and SWPL abandoned this idea when they were told that fans couldn't return until May 17th.
Is there any chance of seeing any live footie this season, even in a roped off field?

i8cornwall

Some leagues are restarting at the start of April such as the Devon & Exeter and North Devon leagues and some other leagues like the Devon and Somerset league and South Devon are playing Cup games in different formats, not sure if fixtures are out for any of these yet though.

In there ultimate wisdom and for "safety" the FA and Government have said all games have to be played behind closed doors. Which isn't possible if you play in a public park or space nor I would argue is it even unsafe for clubs to let people in who play at that level if it's done sensibly.

grecIAN Harris

Chloe is still waiting to hear if The Development side are going to play again this season. As I said on the City Women's thread, they really need to get up and out of the league they are currently in both for the benefit of them as a side and to reduce the step up between them and the first team.

denzel

D&E restarting this weekend, without some of the clubs.

Think fans allowed in from April 12th

Last edited:

grecIAN Harris

D&E restarting this weekend, without some of the clubs.

Think fans allowed in from April 12th
It will be interesting to see how they police 'passers by' in the local rec or somewhere like King George V or Barton Fields especially if you're out 'walking the dog'.