• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Loan updates 21-22

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thanks Dawlish. I think Jack is quite young so not sure he would get a loan higher up the leagues having only started 3 league games? Perhaps a loan to a club lower in the league than Taunton perhaps such as Tivvy or Dorchester would be beneficial otherwise get a run of games the league below at say Willand or Plymouth Parkway?
Good call. Jack needs games to prove his worth and get a City contract for next season(I haven't heard he has got one yet). But I hope he doesn't have to drop a division to do so, so Tivvy,Truro or Dorchester it is!

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good call. Jack needs games to prove his worth and get a City contract for next season(I haven't heard he has got one yet). But I hope he doesn't have to drop a division to do so, so Tivvy,Truro or Dorchester it is!
Did he only get a one year deal then last season? We are so used to our young un's getting 2 or 3 year deals although I can still remember being gobsmacked when our revered and much loved Eamo gave Les Afful and 3 year deal - possibly Eamo's one and only mistake during his tenure :) I see Jack is only 19 so still young and raw though same age as Diabate but two years younger than Dyer

Last edited:

DawlishBouy

Don’t see the problem with him dropping a division to get game time. Josh Key, Joel Randall and Jordan Storey all went to Southern League First Division clubs and Cheick Diabate’s first loan was to Buckland in the Western League.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Still far too early to be worrying about Jack Veale even he didn't get as much game time as he'd have liked at Taunton. First loans are always a challenge and, like all our youngsters, he will have learnt a lot about the demands of men's football, even when not playing.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Still far too early to be worrying about Jack Veale even he didn't get as much game time as he'd have liked at Taunton. First loans are always a challenge and, like all our youngsters, he will have learnt a lot about the demands of men's football, even when not playing.
Harry Kite wasn't a regular starter in his loan spell at Taunton. Doesn't seem to have hurt him too much.

DawlishBouy

Saturday 15th January
Jordan Dyer plays the full match for Bath who lose 1-3 at Hemel Hempstead.
Ellis Johnson not in Truro’s squad.
Jack Veale not in Poole’s Squad.
Jack Arthur not in Barnstaple’s team - loan ended?
Tiverton’s match postponed due to a frozen pitch.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Jack Arthur was on the bench for Barnstaple.

AmberRed

Saturday 15th January
Jordan Dyer plays the full match for Bath who lose 1-3 at Hemel Hempstead.
Ellis Johnson not in Truro’s squad.
Jack Veale not in Poole’s Squad.
Jack Arthur not in Barnstaple’s team - loan ended?
Tiverton’s match postponed due to a frozen pitch.
Johnson, Veale, Pond and Lee all played in the U23 match on Friday so not available for their loans matches. Arthur on the bench for Barnstaple!

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Presumably we can expect to see a one or two more players heading out on loan in the next week or two - probably Cox and maybe Coley.

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
Presumably we can expect to see a one or two more players heading out on loan in the next week or two - probably Cox and maybe Coley.
I don't think either of them will go out on loan, but would think we are trying to get Seymour and Rowe back out on loan.