Loan updates 21-22

i8cornwall

Veale was an 80th minute sub for Taunton today in there 1-0 loss.

Did start on Tuesday night against Dorchester and impressed from what I've heard.

i8cornwall

Really surprised he didn't start, today.
I can sort of see why he didn't, Met police are a very good side and some what taunton bogie team, id imagine it wasn't anything he did as he played well at Wimbourne and at home to Dorchester.

He'll have to work hard to claim a staring spot from now on as sounds like quite a few of the more regular first choice players out injured are now fit and able to start.

andrew p long

Well-known Exeweb poster
Really surprised he didn't start, today.
I reckon his not starting may be down to fitness/injury/knock rather than playing merit. He started the previous game that they won, and was on from the 42nd minute in the first game which they also won, including scoring one of the goals. Taunton were also missing five players yesterday according to their initial brief match report.

So it would have been a very strange decision to 'drop' him. Possibly getting him used in stages to the rigours of men's football including more than 100 minutes already this week before yesterday.

i8cornwall

GrecianHarry

Charlie Hanson was on the bench for Bideford tonight and also was on Saturday. This evening he came on with half an hour left and it sounds like he got a decent chance in the last minute.