• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Loading exeweb forums index page sends me straight to the bottom of the page!

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
PS. Just clicked on top to go back there from here and the page wasn't quite at the top. The top of my screen was level with the top frame of......... yes, you've guessed it. But it's now at the top of the main forum page :S

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Ooh, I just had this happen to me. And yes, it was the Rugby ad wot did it.

Ban Rugby!

Juggling Monkey

Administrator
I've asked exeweb to blacklist the ad. I don't know how they've done it, but it seems they've *possibly* sneaked some script into their ad to make the browser scroll to it.

In the meantime, please do not click on the advert with the express intention of lining exeweb's pockets and costing the advertiser money without any intention of buying rugby products. It would be wrong. :p

And for clarity, that ^ was a joke. :$

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Are we talking bout the Haka Hoodie for £44.99?

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes, we are and it's sooo annoying. Even more so now coz as we're posting about it it's appearing all the time at the bottom of this page. Grrrr.
Matt in the meantime can you put the R word in the swear filter so no-one can post about it please? Then the ad might go away........ :D

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Serious question. What's the R word?

And yes, it is effing annoying.

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
The R word is to do with the ad in question. ie R U G B Y. Hopefully if I type it like that then Google ads won't notice it and bring the ad back again, as it was fine when this page loaded for me a second ago!

Although it might be to do with the fact that as Juggles was joking about not clicking on it I thought I'd better do it anyway. Not sure if it would work, else he would've said before

LOG

The offending advert seems to have gone....

ECFC Nursey!

RIP to City's number nine. Sleep tight love
Not here it hasn't and its been scrolling to the bottom of the page all bloody day! Grrr

Only on the threads on WOWS though. I am running on XP

Last edited:

LOG

Nor me, looks like i spoke too soon.

It did go last night and the problem went but the person is back.