• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

LMA League Two Manager of the Year

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
The best awards are those given by your peers.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

budegrecian

An impassioned plea for fan ownership; he's not going anywhere, is he? :)

What a class act.

budegrecian

Presumably the awards ceremony will be shown on Sky Sports, sometime soon, so we can hear exactly what he said.

Arthur Davey

Thoroughly deserved 🏆👏🏼.
Look forward to (hopefully) hearing said impassioned plea 👍🏼

Bridgy 81

Very well deserved too in my view and I expect Matt was quick to give credit to all his background team as he always does when he receives an individual award.
I'd be interested to know why his peers went for Matt though instead of the ex FGR Manager who won the league.
I appreciate Klopp won the Premier League award but he's already bagged the FA and League Cups and is still in with a chance of the Champions League.
I imagine they base their decision largely on achievements but also perhaps take into consideration the resources their colleague had to work with and their personal interaction with him during the season.
Matt's stock must be very high at the moment.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Very well deserved too in my view and I expect Matt was quick to give credit to all his background team as he always does when he receives an individual award.
I'd be interested to know why his peers went for Matt though instead of the ex FGR Manager who won the league.
I appreciate Klopp won the Premier League award but he's already bagged the FA and League Cups and is still in with a chance of the Champions League.
I imagine they base their decision largely on achievements but also perhaps take into consideration the resources their colleague had to work with and their personal interaction with him during the season.
I'd have thought the Sutton manager must have been in contention as well.

paperclip

I imagine his peers took into account a combination of things, such as a smaller playing budget than FGR to work with (presumably), finally getting ECFC promoted after years of us knocking on the door, and conducting himself in a classy way at all times. If I were an opposition manager the last point would carry heavy weight in my opinion when casting my vote.

dontpassback

I'd have thought the Sutton manager must have been in contention as well.
Sutton have done well,and their manager is a good one,but he doesn’t half whinge !

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I imagine his peers took into account a combination of things, such as a smaller playing budget than FGR to work with (presumably), finally getting ECFC promoted after years of us knocking on the door, and conducting himself in a classy way at all times. If I were an opposition manager the last point would carry heavy weight in my opinion when casting my vote.
He also is very sporting with comments about the opposition - shows them respect- and plays several of the academy kids in the first team.