• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Living on the volcano

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
"How do you make players feel they can beat anybody? That's why I wore a cravat for six months. I said to the players, "When I'm stood there, looking down the touchline twenty yards away, and the other manager's got his tracksuit tucked into his socks, I'm one-nil up. How are you going to be one-nil up before you start?

"How are you going to be feeling in that crappy tunnel? Well, the other team will be ****ed off coming out of their dressing room , because it's damp and tiny. They might be four inches taller, than you, but you'll stand alongside them and know the manager's got his cravat on. I'll go out early and be stood in that technical area, with my silk scarf, feeling the ********. When you walk out, you'll look at me, and know if I feel it, then you'll feel the nuts too."

...clearly a deeply thoughtful man. Anyone seen this?

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
"How do you make players feel they can beat anybody? That's why I wore a cravat for six months. I said to the players, "When I'm stood there, looking down the touchline twenty yards away, and the other manager's got his tracksuit tucked into his socks, I'm one-nil up. How are you going to be one-nil up before you start?

"How are you going to be feeling in that crappy tunnel? Well, the other team will be ****ed off coming out of their dressing room , because it's damp and tiny. They might be four inches taller, than you, but you'll stand alongside them and know the manager's got his cravat on. I'll go out early and be stood in that technical area, with my silk scarf, feeling the ********. When you walk out, you'll look at me, and know if I feel it, then you'll feel the nuts too."

We have now.......

Clearly the man has flipped....time for a white coat and some very soothing music....

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
It's from a few years back.

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's from a few years back.
Then he should have been in and out of therapy by now.....

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
'...continued with the experiment of playing two veteran central midfielder players, Matt Oakley and Danny Butterfield, at the heart of his defence. Their brief was to give Grimes, the principal prospect, the ball as much as possible.

"Matt was a turkey dressed for Christmas for a while. Selling him was our best was of moving forward, so the supply lines to him had to be right. He needed to show what he could do during the autumn months, when the pitches were at their best."

...some interesting stuff in there, surprised not to have seen it on here (though it's as likely that I missed it as it wasn't posted).

LDNGrecian

Last edited:

TOP_CITY_FAN

Wasn't that passage from when we played Leeds at home?

sign of the chimes

edit: worstposteverbyme

Last edited:

Sarcy Sid

Its good but if you're looking for a good read (with a slightly tentative ECFC connection!) then this ones better. I know that for a fact because I wrote it! :D Paperback for a fiver and Kindle thingy for a mere £1.99. If it doesn't make you smile, check your pulse! Apologies for the shameless plug!

www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=the+family+holiday+living+the+dream

Newtonpop

I stood next to a player who was 4 inches taller than me and he was able to head the ball before me every time?????