• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Liverpool: We Will Play The kids

Heysham Mike

rp42

Do they not have to play a certain amount of players that played the last game or play in the next one?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Do they not have to play a certain amount of players that played the last game or play in the next one?
Only applies to the JPT I think.

EDIT: Possibly for league games too, but not for the FA Cup I'm sure.

Last edited:

Silver fox

Very well known Exeweb poster
Time to play our kids then Tis, should be a decent contest.

rp42

Only applies to the JPT I think.

EDIT: Possibly for league games too, but not for the FA Cup I'm sure.
So you would face a fine like Pompey did in a tin pot cup like the JPT but it doesn't apply to the presigious FA cup(facepalm)

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I think fining clubs for playing under-strength sides is ridiculous* anyway - if the player is good enough to be employed by your club they're good enough to play for your club surely.

*Except in malicious circumstances, natch, like for example if we were to play an under-strength side against one of Plym**th championship rivals in order to deliberately lose.

Terryhall

It always seems strange to me to allow a manager to register a squad of 25 players (essentially recognising that squad rotation will need to take place during the season for fitness, injuries, suspensions, keeping players happy etc.) - and then penalise clubs for actually using their squad as they see fit.

Jordan Ibe now injured too, Woodman breathes another sigh of relief.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I wonder how many of these injuries picked up this week will have miraculously healed by next Wednesday?

Barum

Sir Alex tried this 11 years ago... it very nearly bit him on arse. Would love to see Klopp come a cropper against us.