• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur CL Final Match Day Thread

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Who gives a ****e - 6 times !!!

We deserved that over the course of the season and that overpriced centre half who’s not worth the money Van Djik was man of the match - absolute bargain.
From your point of view I'd agree with you (and if it was City or Newcastle, I'd quite readily hold the same view) but as a neutral wanting to watch a decent match it was poor with neither team playing anywhere near their ability.

Last edited:

IndoMike

The early dodgy penalty allowed Pool to sit back. When they gained possession they hoofed it long for Sane and Salah to run onto but Spurs' defence coped well. Firminho couldn't get into the game so there was no clever build up outside the area. Meanwhile Kane unsurprisingly was impotent : Poch clearly made the wrong decision picking an out of form and rusty Kane instead of the more mobile and crafty Moure. Pool covered well and Spurs were continually getting to the halfway line and then passing backwards .
Liverpool did what they had to to win, without turning it on. Both managers are great blokes and top managers : it was a pity one had to lose.

LOG

it was a pity one had to lose.
For me that was the biggest benefit of it being Liverpool and Spurs in the final. It would, at least, shut one set of fans up :)

I'm actually a tiny bit pleased for Liverpool because of the season they'd had but don't tell anyone that.

IndoMike

For me that was the biggest benefit of it being Liverpool and Spurs in the final. It would, at least, shut one set of fans up :)

I'm actually a tiny bit pleased for Liverpool because of the season they'd had but don't tell anyone that.
You pays your money and takes your choice. I wouldn't have watched if it had been 2 from Man City, Arsenal and Chelsea in that final. Difficult when you want both team to lose.
Liverpool and Spurs are ok with me, and I'm sure they'll be happy to know that..