• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Liverpool v Exeter City - Official Matchday Thread

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
That's a bit extreme AP, though it sounds like you were sorely provoked.
yep, never have had so much as a bad word with a steward as far as I can recall for probably 25 years, so was very surprised / annoyed, and his hands are hanging from my rear view mirror in my car as we speak :)

Avening Posse

Sounds like the problem I had.
Which block GOG ?, maybe it was the same jobsworth :)

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Which block GOG ?, maybe it was the same jobsworth :)
125. Someone was in my seat but I didn't mind and went somewhere else but he wasn't having any of it. Basically laughed in his face when he told me to sit in my allocated seat and told him I had no chance. He said I'll be kicked out if I "laugh or look at him like that again" or if I didn't comply so I went back into the concourse, had another cider before coming back out and standing where I was before. Bet they didn't feel so brave with the Man Utd fans on Sunday.

Avening Posse

125. Someone was in my seat but I didn't mind and went somewhere else but he wasn't having any of it. Basically laughed in his face when he told me to sit in my allocated seat and told him I had no chance. He said I'll be kicked out if I "laugh or look at him like that again" or if I didn't comply so I went back into the concourse, had another cider before coming back out and standing where I was before. Bet they didn't feel so brave with the Man Utd fans on Sunday.
I was in 125 as well, was he a short stocky older chap ?

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was in 125 as well, was he a short stocky older chap ?
Yep, probably the same guy then. Pretty poor treatment for people who had travelled a lot of miles to get there. But who cares about the little Exeter fans.

citizen

As for the seats in the ground ,if you are over 6ft tall it was virtually impossible to sit down due to lack of leg room.
This would suggest in the premier league, supporters must be under 6ft or stand up at games.

iscalad

As for the seats in the ground ,if you are over 6ft tall it was virtually impossible to sit down due to lack of leg room.
This would suggest in the premier league, supporters must be under 6ft or stand up at games.
Indeed, had more room at Brentford. I was surprised at how narrow the rows were.

Stuart Storer's Tache

I stood the whole time and only briefly sat down at HT. I'm glad the stewards where we were didn't make us sit down as it would have been quite uncomfortable and I just about scrape 6ft.

Might explain why an end that doesn't appear that big can accomodate so many people

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
One of our number (occasional Exewebber M Earl) ended up being moved to the disabled section as he was too tall for the seats.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Obviously it was much bigger but the anfield road end in itself wasn't particularly impressive. The club have been accused of being unambitious in terms of the new grandstand but I would imagine if it gets built it will be more comfortable to sit in than the Liverpool away end.