• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that annoy you

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
BTW, the pandemic is over, these workers are no longer “frontline” if indeed they ever where.
That's a bit tight Tavy, During the pandemic they were hailed as part of the frontline, OK not NHS or emergency workers but they kept working while most of us were told to stay at home and had abuse thrown at them too.

Oldsmobile-88

That's a bit tight Tavy, During the pandemic they were hailed as part of the frontline, OK not NHS or emergency workers but they kept working while most of us were told to stay at home and had abuse thrown at them too.
Indeed....Especially during the early days when a load of panic was stoked up. They did not have the option of furlough or obviously ‘working from home’

tavyred

We were all grateful for every worker that kept the wheels turning during the pandemic, but describing shop workers as frontline is a bit of stretch for me I’m afraid.
Even at the height of the pandemic, supermarkets were never inherently violent or medically dangerous places to work.
I think we can start being a bit judgmental about retail workers again without people citing their laudable efforts during the pandemic.

DB9

We were all grateful for every worker that kept the wheels turning during the pandemic, but describing shop workers as frontline is a bit of stretch for me I’m afraid.
Even at the height of the pandemic, supermarkets were never inherently violent or medically dangerous places to work.
I think we can start being a bit judgmental about retail workers again without people citing their laudable efforts during the pandemic.
Well, We'll have to disagree on this then Tavy, Respectfully. 🙂

Leads

I might have already posted about this on this thread at some point over the 13 years but... the comment "you are _______ and I claim my £5". It seems to generate some positive reactions and it's completely harmless, yet I just find it so tedious.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I might have already posted about this on this thread at some point over the 13 years but... the comment "you are _______ and I claim my £5". It seems to generate some positive reactions and it's completely harmless, yet I just find it so tedious.
You're Victor Meldrew and I claim my £5 😃

Grecian2K

Receiving notification today that, as of September, subscriptions for The Guardian would no longer be available through the Amazon Kindle app. :confused:

I can, and will, of course be able to continue subscribing directly through the paper's own app (at a discount!) but must admit I prefer the layout of the Kindle version as it better indexed and more like the printed version..

Alistair20000

Receiving notification today that, as of September, subscriptions for The Guardian would no longer be available through the Amazon Kindle app. :confused:

I can, and will, of course be able to continue subscribing directly through the paper's own app (at a discount!) but must admit I prefer the layout of the Kindle version as it better indexed and more like the printed version..
Other newspapers available Squire

Grecian2K

Other newspapers available Squire
Which of course I do occasionally glance at - if available for free on t'internet or left in papyrus form in the pub. If only in the spirit of "know thy enemy".
But TG is the only one I would actually pay my hard-earned to support!
After all Dacre has enough Acres already. And Murdoch has many, many millions!

Alistair20000

Bleddy folk with umbrellas up this morning not looking at the pavement and other pedestrians present and nearly poking said other pedestrian's eye out. Stop fecking texting while you are walking with a brolly up you ignorant thoughtless twats. :mad: :mad:

Not helped that some barsteward took my brollies out of the motor without telling me and I got reasonably wet. I was not a threat to other peds mind. :)