• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that annoy you

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Bring back dog licences?
With the proviso that the owners have to pass an owning test!
(Handling, control, basic maintenance plus a bit of theory)

Alistair20000

With the proviso that the owners have to pass an owning test!
(Handling, control, basic maintenance plus a bit of theory)
Diversity and empathy modules too ?

Grecian2K

Diversity and empathy modules too ?
Yes. I welcome hounds of all shapes, colour and gender.

Over the years I have owned (or rather, been owned by) a black & white collie cross, a red setter, a golden retriever and (currently) a brown-brindle (gentle hearted) staffy.

DB9

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully the lass can recover fully. A bad do.
Statistically a dog that has attacked once is very likely to attack again and more viciously. This might not have been the first time. I love dogs but there is no option but to put the dog down and n some cases the owner should be put down, too .
Surprisingly there are hundreds of thousands of dog attacks each year : so many owners tease, provoke or even beat their dogs Pets don't have a moral compass, but the owners do.
Just an update, After waiting all day she has just gone into theartre, Also found out if it wasn't for a neighbour's (Not the dog owner) quick reaction and got the dog off her this could have been a lot worse, I'd like to shake his hand.

Alistair20000

Just an update, After waiting all day she has just gone into theartre, Also found out if it wasn't for a neighbour's (Not the dog owner) quick reaction and got the dog off her this could have been a lot worse, I'd like to shake his hand.
Seems a long delay but hopefully that means the injuries are not too serious.

Sound like your neighbour has done a good bit of work. Where was the the wretched dog owner in all this ?

DB9

Seems a long delay but hopefully that means the injuries are not too serious.

Sound like your neighbour has done a good bit of work. Where was the the wretched dog owner in all this ?
That i don't know at this time Al, It wasn't my neighbour but a neighbour of my granddaughters other grandparents, Where i live there are hardly any dog owners.

Alistair20000

The effect of having close American friends and living in Asia, where American English flooded the market due to developing oil industries and American investment after WWII. I must confess I have even started using words like "buddy" and "howdy". Awful isn't it?
But I do promote the UK a great deal, especially Exeter ..Land of the Gods .
I am still very British, you know.
Noted thank you.

Have a nice day :)

DB9

Well the little mite has had her op, Unfortunatly they had to cut away a bit more of her ear than first thought because there was more damage as the bite went right through it but my daughter says the surgeon was really good and explained everything, He said once the stitches are out (In about 10 days) and the swelling goes down and because of her age it shouldn't notice too much, Her hands will heal and leg might have a scar because of the bite (I'm heartbroken writing this because of what has happened and what she went through, She must have been so scared)

Just wanted to say also thank you so much for the kind words from all of you, I really mean that.

Alistair20000

Well the little mite has had her op, Unfortunatly they had to cut away a bit more of her ear than first thought because there was more damage as the bite went right through it but my daughter says the surgeon was really good and explained everything, He said once the stitches are out (In about 10 days) and the swelling goes down and because of her age it shouldn't notice too much, Her hands will heal and leg might have a scar because of the bite (I'm heartbroken writing this because of what has happened and what she went through, She must have been so scared)

Just wanted to say also thank you so much for the kind words from all of you, I really mean that.
Good news that the op has gone well even if there was so much damage. Must have been an horrific experience for her in the light of what surgery has been necessary. Very wrong that this has happened to the child. The dog owners should hang their heads in shame.

Hopefully you can see her soon and give her a big hug.

DB9

Good news that the op has gone well even if there was so much damage. Must have been an horrific experience for her in the light of what surgery has been necessary. Very wrong that this has happened to the child. The dog owners should hang their heads in shame.

Hopefully you can see her soon and give her a big hug.
Cheers Al, I've found out who owns the dog and I think (But not 100% sure) the Police maybe involved.