• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that annoy you

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sorry chaps I'm so frigging angry, My beautiful 3 yr old granddaughter is at this moment in Southampton hospital being prepped for an operation to repair her ear and other injuries sustained by a dog who attacked her in the garden of her other grandparents, Just playing with her cousin and this happens, Makes me bloody sick!!!!
That is awful news DB. I agree with fred’s thoughts on this one. Hope all goes well with your granddaughter.

Black mark for the dog owner too. The dog should always be under control especially with children around. You are right to be frigging angry. I hope the incident has been reported to the Police.

Having been attacked by an Alsatian when I was a lad I know how traumatic this thing is. Fortunately it did no more than rip my welly boots. Had to climb a tree to escape the dog until it departed. No owner to be seen.

DB9

That is awful news DB. I agree with fred’s thoughts on this one. Hope all goes well with your granddaughter.

Black mark for the dog owner too. The dog should always be under control especially with children around. You are right to be frigging angry. I hope the incident has been reported to the Police.

Having been attacked by an Alsatian when I was a lad I know how traumatic this thing is. Fortunately it did no more than rip my welly boots. Had to climb a tree to escape the dog until it departed. No owner to be seen.
I know this might upset some but i hope the dog will be put down.

Alistair20000

It does not upset me DB. It is essential that the dog be put down after what has happened.

Reactions: DB9

Antony Moxey

It deserves to be. I know we’ll get the handwringers saying it’s not the dog it’s the owners but once that’s happened then I would imagine it’s difficult to train it out of the dog. The owners should have some form of punishment too, the dog was out of control and could have killed. I speak as a dog owner too, I also hope for a speedy recovery, both physically and mentally, of your little girl DB9.

Oldsmobile-88

Awful DB9... I hope she will recover quickly.
Dreadful for her mum, you & of course her wider family.

DB9

It deserves to be. I know we’ll get the handwringers saying it’s not the dog it’s the owners but once that’s happened then I would imagine it’s difficult to train it out of the dog. The owners should have some form of punishment too, the dog was out of control and could have killed. I speak as a dog owner too, I also hope for a speedy recovery, both physically and mentally, of your little girl DB9.
I'm sorry for going on about it here, I'm angry, I still don't know the exact details yet as my daughter is at the hospital, I don't know whats happened to the dog, The owner yet, If the Police are involved yet, Until my daughter rings and tell us how the operation went i don't want to bombard her with these question.

Avening Posse

Sorry chaps I'm so frigging angry, My beautiful 3 yr old granddaughter is at this moment in Southampton hospital being prepped for an operation to repair her ear and other injuries sustained by a dog who attacked her in the garden of her other grandparents, Just playing with her cousin and this happens, Makes me bloody sick!!!!
F__k !, so sorry to hear that, really hope all goes well for her mate

Reactions: DB9

IndoMike

Thanks, Haven't been able to see her because of obvious restrictions on visitors etc but my daughter is with her and keeping us informed.
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully the lass can recover fully. A bad do.
Statistically a dog that has attacked once is very likely to attack again and more viciously. This might not have been the first time. I love dogs but there is no option but to put the dog down and n some cases the owner should be put down, too .
Surprisingly there are hundreds of thousands of dog attacks each year : so many owners tease, provoke or even beat their dogs Pets don't have a moral compass, but the owners do.

IndoMike

Indo offends regularly in this matter :(
The effect of having close American friends and living in Asia, where American English flooded the market due to developing oil industries and American investment after WWII. I must confess I have even started using words like "buddy" and "howdy". Awful isn't it?
But I do promote the UK a great deal, especially Exeter ..Land of the Gods .
I am still very British, you know.

Rosencrantz

Bring back dog licences?