• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that annoy you

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Getting bloody texts saying my parcel has arrived but need to "Pay £1.45 unpaid postage" to retrieve it! Bloody scammers, Haven't even ordered anything!!

Oldsmobile-88

Getting bloody texts saying my parcel has arrived but need to "Pay £1.45 unpaid postage" to retrieve it! Bloody scammers, Haven't even ordered anything!!
I’m still waiting for my money from a Nigerian Prince 😎😁

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
When driving and the DAB signal drops out. It doesn't fade away- just disappears as if someone has flicked the Off switch. The other day there was an item about Monkeypox, it wasn't particularly interesting but the presenter asked this professor why it was called Monkeypox when it has nothing to do with monkeys. "Good question" he answered. Off went the radio. It came back on as the boffin said "And that's why we call it Monkeypox".

Now I'll never know.

DB9

When driving and the DAB signal drops out. It doesn't fade away- just disappears as if someone has flicked the Off switch. The other day there was an item about Monkeypox, it wasn't particularly interesting but the presenter asked this professor why it was called Monkeypox when it has nothing to do with monkeys. "Good question" he answered. Off went the radio. It came back on as the boffin said "And that's why we call it Monkeypox".

Now I'll never know.
The one big problem with DAB, The signal. I was driving around Stroud in Gloucestershire and had the same problem, Signal dipping in and out, Its great most of the time and hearing sport on say 5live without the old MW bad signal but it seems to have a lot of dead spots, I did hear that the signal had been boosted though and is being improved.

Alistair20000

The Hunt for Red October. Dull.
I like submarine movies but have to agree that one is rather dull. It’s based on a Tom Clancy novel and all his books are far too long and tedious.

geoffwp

Platinum jubilees. Giving it a miss by going into lockdown and making sure my personal republic has its border gates well and truly shut.

elginCity

Elitism - The Cambridges conspicuously elevating their young sprogs beyond that of their cousins - with balcony advantage to watch the air display and horse drawn carriage rides. Some cousins are more equal than others, especially within the RF.

angelic upstart

Euan Blair getting an MBE

Alistair20000

Seeing Alphington & Countess Wear spelt wrongly as Alphinton in Express & Error. :mad:

Spoonz Red E

Euan Blair getting an MBE
He needs a break.

It must be hard having a name that sounds like someone being sick.