• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that annoy you

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not a fan of The Fall then? :)
Yeah I like The Fall.

DB9

Sky TV ringing me up asking why I've cancelled my subscription and they can reduce my bill etc with these "wonderful offers" Three times this week alone they've rung me!

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Sky TV ringing me up asking why I've cancelled my subscription and they can reduce my bill etc with these "wonderful offers" Three times this week alone they've rung me!
Had Virgin media ring me recently asking if I wanted to return to their service , When I told them no they asked why ?
I said when you start rewarding customer loyalty the same as you reward new customers then I might return until then I wont be returning and also telling others not to use their service ! At the time they giving away free iPads or a flatscreen tv to new customers.

My bills went from around £50 a month to over £120 for the exact same service so I bought I a freeview box got BT for the internet and landline and changed all the mobile phones in the house to 3 service saved me probably 1k in about a year.

DB9

Had Virgin media ring me recently asking if I wanted to return to their service , When I told them no they asked why ?
I said when you start rewarding customer loyalty the same as you reward new customers then I might return until then I wont be returning and also telling others not to use their service ! At the time they giving away free iPads or a flatscreen tv to new customers.

My bills went from around £50 a month to over £120 for the exact same service so I bought I a freeview box got BT for the internet and landline and changed all the mobile phones in the house to 3 service saved me probably 1k in about a year.
Yep, These companies never reward loyalty, I'm saving about 1.3k per year giving up Sky, Got the Broadband reduced to £26pm, Its not rocket science why I'm giving up Sky but Sky can't seem to realise that, Plus if they can offer a reduction in my subscription then why wait until I'm leaving to offer it?

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Having a conversation with my daughter this morning about the ridiculous amount of money CEO's of various charities earn per year.

£209k per year for Javed Khan of Barnardo's
£240k per year for Harpal Kumar of Cancer research
£445k per year for Jeremy Farrar of Wellcome Trust

And plenty of others all over £100k a year.

DB9

Having a conversation with my daughter this morning about the ridiculous amount of money CEO's of various charities earn per year.

£209k per year for Javed Khan of Barnardo's
£240k per year for Harpal Kumar of Cancer research
£445k per year for Jeremy Farrar of Wellcome Trust

And plenty of others all over £100k a year.
Unfortunatly Charities have to be run like business and to get good people at the top you need to pay them well, The days of a "Bored" wealthy person doing it for "Something to do" virtually for nothing are long gone.

Antony Moxey

‘If you’ve been affected by issues raised in this programme, there’s a helpline available at www….’ At the end of pretty much every programme shown on TV these days.

DB9

‘If you’ve been affected by issues raised in this programme, there’s a helpline available at www….’ At the end of pretty much every programme shown on TV these days.
And even before programmes there are often warnings about its content, I get if a bit iffy but something like Emmerdale or Corrie??

fred binneys head

Professional footballers who chew gum, chief culprit: Tyrone Mings. I’m amazed they’re allowed to do it as in my FA training it was explicitly stated that chewing gum wasn’t allowed. Even if it’s only not allowed for kids, it’s not great role model behaviour.

DB9

The media hyping up "Monkeypox" Now Covid's not in the headlines so much they're trying to scare people with this!