• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that annoy you

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Seeing all the new houses / flats going up around the Exeter area , some are meant to be affordable housing for local people.

My daughter and her child have been waiting over 3 years for a council property stuck in the benefits trap.

#SortitoutBenBradshaw Exeter only has so many higher education places #Nomorestudentaccomneeded #Housingforlocalsfirst.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
That’s deliveroo for you. The fast food retailers have got a lot of thinking to do about how they can serve walk up customers efficiently as well as a queue of delivery drivers. Big issue for them.
Indeed. Mrs Isca wanted Burger King and an afternoon shopping. When we arrived 1 queue, with about 4 people in front of me. 30 minutes later 3 queues. One I'm stuck in, one with people ordering on an app and one for Deliveroo, Just Eat etc. As you say, they seem not to care about walk in customers.

fred binneys head

It’s a massive commercial issue for them and will result in redesigned outlets and kitchen only premises for the delivery chains (which has started already).

Grecian2K

Seeing all the new houses / flats going up around the Exeter area , some are meant to be affordable housing for local people.

My daughter and her child have been waiting over 3 years for a council property stuck in the benefits trap.

#SortitoutBenBradshaw Exeter only has so many higher education places #Nomorestudentaccomneeded #Housingforlocalsfirst.
For once I totally agree with you. But I don't think you can entirely blame Ben and the rest.
"Market Forces" innit!!
Ever since St. Margaret of Grantham flogged off all of the social housing (and pocketed the proceeds without using them to "plant replacement seed crop") council housing has become a long, distant memory. Only chance now are the (semi privatised) Housing Associations whose primary fiduciary responsibility is to fill the boots of their self-appointed execs.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
It’s a massive commercial issue for them and will result in redesigned outlets and kitchen only premises for the delivery chains (which has started already).
I do grocery shopping for Deliveroo customers. It's time limited for us to fulfil an order, and it's complete mayhem when you get six in at a time. The latest pain in the neck is Deliveroo customers can pre-order for when the "store" opens at 9am (Sundays in particular). Too many people have too much money to waste!

Grecian2K

Deliveroo is surely the ultimate and inevitable outcome of the Tebbit "on your bike" mantra.

DB9

Deliveroo, Ubereats, Just Eat are the worst imho, Instead of getting off your fat backside to walk to the shops or fast food takeaway, Now you can fester in your own home and wait for your McD's, KFC, Domino's etc, No wonder we have an obesity problem.

fred binneys head

I got deliveroo to fetch my wheelie bin and bring it up my drive. Couldn’t be arsed.

• Haha
Reactions: DB9

Spoonz Red E

Deliveroo, Ubereats, Just Eat are the worst imho, Instead of getting off your fat backside to walk to the shops or fast food takeaway, Now you can fester in your own home and wait for your McD's, KFC, Domino's etc, No wonder we have an obesity problem.
Whenever I see the Deliveroo logo it seems to be saying
"I'm looking at YOU mate and I'm giving you a big fat two finger salute ...."

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Suspicious-looking vehicle in Magdalen Street today, with registration TAM 4R.