• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that annoy you

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Only two things annoying me today, Firstly UKTV Play, Been watching the re-runs of The Bill since the very first episode which UKTV Play have bening showing and putting a new series on every month, Since beginning of December they have stopped half way through series 20, Hoping January they'd start the rest of the series but no, I even emailed them and asked, They said they have "Plans to show them later in the year" No specific time frame, Loved watching them while Mrs DB9 watched some or other rubbish.

Secondly an actor who was in Emmerdale has decided to upsticks and buy a farm and got a TV programme about him working and owning a farm (Funny, Apparently he won Strictly Come Dancing) Saw him today showing it off on another programme and was saying how his kids love the lambs, Naming some etc and the other animals. It bugs me because they're showing all the "fluffy" stuff about life on the farm, Not about those Lambs and other animals he wants to rear will be off to the slaughter house as soon as or the struggle so many farmers go through etc, Nope Just show some Actor buying a farm and say how wondrful life is now!

Wondering if he actually bought the farm or is it for TV's sake?

iscalad

Only two things annoying me today, Firstly UKTV Play, Been watching the re-runs of The Bill since the very first episode which UKTV Play have bening showing and putting a new series on every month, Since beginning of December they have stopped half way through series 20, Hoping January they'd start the rest of the series but no, I even emailed them and asked, They said they have "Plans to show them later in the year" No specific time frame, Loved watching them while Mrs DB9 watched some or other rubbish.

Secondly an actor who was in Emmerdale has decided to upsticks and buy a farm and got a TV programme about him working and owning a farm (Funny, Apparently he won Strictly Come Dancing) Saw him today showing it off on another programme and was saying how his kids love the lambs, Naming some etc and the other animals. It bugs me because they're showing all the "fluffy" stuff about life on the farm, Not about those Lambs and other animals he wants to rear will be off to the slaughter house as soon as or the struggle so many farmers go through etc, Nope Just show some Actor buying a farm and say how wondrful life is now!

Wondering if he actually bought the farm or is it for TV's sake?
There are loads of episodes of the Bill on YouTube.
Kelvin Fletcher actually did buy a farm

DB9

There are loads of episodes of the Bill on YouTube.
Thanks Isca, I do though prefer to watch on TV and find UKTV Play a pretty good streaming service plus my laptop i use is getting on a bit and is not the best.

Spoonz Red E

... Been watching the re-runs of The Bill since the very first episode which UKTV Play have bening showing and putting a new series on every month, Since beginning of December they have stopped half way through series 20, Hoping January they'd start the rest of the series but no, I even emailed them and asked ....
It's not usually the waiter who has to ask for the bill. :cool:

iscalad

Thanks Isca, I do though prefer to watch on TV and find UKTV Play a pretty good streaming service plus my laptop i use is getting on a bit and is not the best.
Do you not have a smart TV or access through Sky, Virgin etc
I get access through my Virgin Tivo box

DB9

Do you not have a smart TV or access through Sky, Virgin etc
I get access through my Virgin Tivo box
More than likely i do, I will try to look.

Tim Long

Try attaching the laptop to the TV with an HDMI cable. That's what I did during lockdown for City's streaming service.

Reactions: DB9

Grecian2K

Agree totally DB (y). Perhaps we should start one of those YouGov petition thingys?! :p

Another annoyance regarding UKTV and The Bill is the way a series is expunged every calendar month. :mad: (I've currently got 43 episodes to get through in 6 days before Series 20 vanishes into the ether). Given that each series have 100 episodes it's a tall order to watch them all in just a month - and certainly near impossible (even for an idle retiree) to try and get a series or two ahead.

DB9

Agree totally DB (y). Perhaps we should start one of those YouGov petition thingys?! :p

Another annoyance regarding UKTV and The Bill is the way a series is expunged every calendar month. :mad: (I've currently got 43 episodes to get through in 6 days before Series 20 vanishes into the ether). Given that each series have 100 episodes it's a tall order to watch them all in just a month - and certainly near impossible (even for an idle retiree) to try and get a series or two ahead.
The petition, Power to the people!!! Had the same problem with each series but just went for it an am right up to when UKTV stopped adding more.

Grecian2K

The petition, Power to the people!!!
Talking of which why isn't Citizen Smith on UKTV as well!!