• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that annoy you

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Wrong time of year for haymaking in Debbon matey :)

Yes he did ask and I found your contribution most illuminating.
Good point. I forgot that I was in warmer climes.

Rosencrantz

Wrong time of year for haymaking in Debbon matey :)

Yes he did ask and I found your contribution most illuminating.
Still looks wrong and annoying though 😉

Legohead

Banned
Headlights on a lot of cars these days when driving at night. Talk about brighter than the sun! Are they meant to be like this?!! Constantly have to avoid looking into my rear view mirror so i don't get my eyes burned out.

DB9

Headlights on a lot of cars these days when driving at night. Talk about brighter than the sun! Are they meant to be like this?!! Constantly have to avoid looking into my rear view mirror so i don't get my eyes burned out.
That "Blue" white light is really bright in the rear view mirror, Car's seem to have halogen lights as standard nowadays.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Other than crawling back under his rock never to be heard from again there’s nothing that odious twerp Piers Morgan could do that would be ‘to his credit’. The bloke will never be anything other than a weapons grade c***.
For a good critique (being polite) of Morgan and his methods, Matthew Syed in the Sunday Times today is worth reading!

Legohead

Banned
People who say the names of counties. Like Derbyshire, Yorkshire, Bedfordshire but pronounce the shire bit as 'sheer'. Yorksheer.

It should be pronounced 'sher'. As in Yorksher.

Even though it could be argued it should be 'shyer', its not. I'm right. :p

Spoonz Red E

People who say the names of counties. Like Derbyshire, Yorkshire, Bedfordshire but pronounce the shire bit as 'sheer'. Yorksheer.

It should be pronounced 'sher'. As in Yorksher.

Even though it could be argued it should be 'shyer', its not. I'm right. :p
I was just having that very conversation with my shyer horse but had to have it through the stable door ;)

Legohead

Banned
I was just having that very conversation with my shyer horse but had to have it through the stable door ;)
Ah but where i'm from - 'door' is pronounced 'dooer'. ;)

Rosencrantz

Having the internet drop five minutes before an online job interview...and then again two minutes into it :LOL:

OmanGrecian

Estate Agent saying ALL DOCUMENTS can be submitted online with a particular conveyancing company (I asked for a recommendation as forms will be difficult to send from Italy by post right now), then finding out that this particular company won't accept sale contract and transfer form without a wet signature. Was only informed of this at a late stage (even though Land Registry started accepting electronic signatures from last year). With mail taking up to a month from Italy right now, DHL was used. 44 Euro later for a letter to be sent!