• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that annoy you

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Amused me a year or two ago when someone called me "young man".
Was this the incident in question ?

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Round here you get called "sug" as in the first syllable of sugar.

Alistair20000

Round here you get called "sug" as in the first syllable of sugar.
Madness

DB9

More IMO silliness about showing a film from years gone by, Now Flash Gordon has to have a "Warning" about Ming the Merciless because it says it stereotypes a Western actor playing a person from Asia. I thought he was an actor (Someone who is paid to play a character) playing someone from the Planet Mongo (A fictional planet so really no one knows what they look like) and not someone from Asia.

DB9

At Salisbury waiting for train to Eastleigh because train I was on the doors didn't open at Romsey where I was suppose to change, So had to travel all way to Salisbury to get another train to get back home will now be hour and half late!! 😠😠😠

Colesman Ballz

Hope that this was an "essential journey" or else you could just have joined the ranks of those Premier League footballers who keep "grassing" themselves up on social media ! :)

DB9

Hope that this was an "essential journey" or else you could just have joined the ranks of those Premier League footballers who keep "grassing" themselves up on social media ! :)
It was, To Yeovil and back, The homeward journey has taken just a little under 5 hours! Understand that some trains weren't running and I planned for that, Not some idiot guard who didn't bother to unlock the doors except his! Apparently the guards are not to interact with passengers in tier 4 areas so they don't check tickets etc, But that has two things wrong with that, One they don't know who roughly is getting off and where, Two, There's a good chance you can get away without paying for a ticket because most stations are understaffed and gates are open so no one is checking tickets.

Colesman Ballz

It was, To Yeovil and back, The homeward journey has taken just a little under 5 hours! Understand that some trains weren't running and I planned for that, Not some idiot guard who didn't bother to unlock the doors except his! Apparently the guards are not to interact with passengers in tier 4 areas so they don't check tickets etc, But that has two things wrong with that, One they don't know who roughly is getting off and where, Two, There's a good chance you can get away without paying for a ticket because most stations are understaffed and gates are open so no one is checking tickets.
Commiserations, I certainly wouldn't fancy that ordeal ! A sharp letter of complaint to the offending train operating company might reward you in the circumstances with a refund and/or travel vouchers ? :confused:

Oldsmobile-88

Apparently the guards are not to interact with passengers in tier 4 areas so they don't check tickets etc, But that has two things wrong with that, One they don't know who roughly is getting off and where, Two, There's a good chance you can get away without paying for a ticket because most stations are understaffed and gates are open so no one is checking tickets.
Last May,because of the no checks on tickets or passengers,a passenger died in his seat(heart attack)& was discovered by a cleaner at Laira Depot,Plymouth who thought he was asleep.
He had got on at Glasgow & had a ticket for Motherwell(40 miles down the line) on him.
A 7 hour train journey from there to Plymouth with usually at least 4 ticket checks would normally occur.

Oldsmobile-88

Search engines that put results at the top of the page of similar sites to official government sites.
I had to renew my Driving Licence & being lazy did it on my phone,to save getting up & firing up my laptop.
(Hence it’s not as easy to read the web address)
Filled in the renewal application with a lot of details that are required these days,it came to payment £59.95 was asked for.That seemed a bit steep so I googled the cost..£14..Yep it was one of those rip off sites that do the same as official sites except you pay a hefty premium...Scrubbed it & started again on the yougov site(on the laptop 😁)