• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that annoy you

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
What’s the harm?
That, along with many other things, is killing all that's special about Christmas.

Alistair20000

White van man rocks up with the delivery of a package. I go out to his van to take it from him but he says he is a few minutes early and cannot hand it over "until the delivery time slot." Sits in van like a spare part for several minutes and then hands over the package.

FFS.:mad:

elginCity

Al, some couriers are unable to scan and deliver any time outside of the 1 hour delivery slot - considered as ‘failing their promise to the customer’ apparently. Frustrates them equally.

Alistair20000

Al, some couriers are unable to scan and deliver any time outside of the 1 hour delivery slot - considered as ‘failing their promise to the customer’ apparently. Frustrates them equally.
To be fair matey was very apologetic. No gripe against him personally.

Shirley if the customer is in and happy to take delivery just feckin' get on with it. Not rocket science to tap a key that customer is happy.

We really have become a ludicrous "computer says no" society.

grecIAN Harris

It's the kind of bu!!sh!t us delivery drivers have to put up with now, being told which way we should do our and what time we have to get there because the computer knows best. Does it b0!!0cks!!! Last Tuesday I had 102 deliveries and according to the computer I shouldn't have back to the depot until 9pm and failed to attempt delivery at eleven of them. I did the route my way (21 years of experience, you'd think I'd know what I was doing by now), cleared the lot and was finished by 7pm. Tells you all you need to know about the systems delivery firms are using. Some are better than others but none of them are better than driver knowledge.

Spoonz Red E

I witness this a lot with deliveries to the Club.
Surely the firms can rejig their software so the customer can overide the 'promise' with some equivalent of 'signed for'?

grecIAN Harris

It's all GPS tracked so you can't cheat the system.

Rosencrantz

It's all GPS tracked so you can't cheat the system.

Those hamstrings look as tight as yours 😉

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
The National League ( Conference) and non league thread has been running quite a long time.

Correct the spelling mistake fgs.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The National League ( Conference) and non league thread has been running quite a long time.

Correct the spelling mistake fgs.
?????????????