• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that annoy you

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
People leaving electrical sockets switched on when there's nothing plugged in.

fred binneys head

I’ve probably said this before, but TV chefs who make out like they’re making a simple recipe from leftovers when they’ve quite clearly got a larder / fridge full of quality ingredients.

I’ve previously vented at the professional Yorkshireman, James Martin, who had a recipe which involved him getting a bowl of 5 or 6 “leftover” baked potatoes out of the oven - who the actual f*** has any leftover baked potatoes???

This week’s felon is Rachel Khoo who had a recipe involving an aubergine that was apparently looking “worse for wear from the back of the fridge” yet looked to me like the best aubergine I’ve ever seen (and I’ve seen a few).

Just stop all the codswallop and say “here’s an aubergine recipe” rather than pretending you’ve just gone to the fridge and found it lying around.

Antony Moxey

With you there FBH, also ‘simple’ recipes with basic stuff you’ve got lying around, because everyone’s got a stockpile of star anise, ghi and fresh curry leaves.

elginCity

** OCD alert **

:)

fred binneys head

I once saw rick stein prepare a “simple” recipe that really was “so simple” that involved about 20 ingredients, including galangal, tamarind paste and saffron.

Rubber faced Jamie Oliver is one of the worst in his ‘affordable meals’ type series. He includes a pinch of saffron or one stick of lemongrass or suchlike, completely ignoring the fact that you can’t go to the shop and buy a pinch of saffron, you have to buy a pot. The pinch in the recipe might be valued at 5p but the pot is £5.

Lousy set of bastards.

DB9

I once saw rick stein prepare a “simple” recipe that really was “so simple” that involved about 20 ingredients, including galangal, tamarind paste and saffron.

Rubber faced Jamie Oliver is one of the worst in his ‘affordable meals’ type series. He includes a pinch of saffron or one stick of lemongrass or suchlike, completely ignoring the fact that you can’t go to the shop and buy a pinch of saffron, you have to buy a pot. The pinch in the recipe might be valued at 5p but the pot is £5.

Lousy set of bastards.
Nigella Lawson is one of the worst too, She adds something from the Italian mountains or the depths of S Africa that just "Happens" to be in her walk in larder and says like its an everyday item! Agree with you totally on this Fred.

Alistair20000

Is this a problem ?

• Wow
Reactions: GJW

Alistair20000

Nigella Lawson is one of the worst too, She adds something from the Italian mountains or the depths of S Africa that just "Happens" to be in her walk in larder and says like its an everyday item! Agree with you totally on this Fred.
I am rather fond of her mountains :love: and I have bought some Nigella seeds too.

Tend to agree with other posters though.

Give me an anarchist in the kitchen such as Keith Floyd of Graham Kerr

GJW

They are absolute bastards, just like the people who don’t screw on the toothpaste lid properly. When it firmly clicks you know the job is done. In fact any screw top lid not screwed on properly, like coffee lids. Are people so weak nowadays they can’t screw a lid on properly?

GJW

People who turn lights on in the house in the day time when it is bright sunshine outside, and then leave the light on because they forgot they turned it on.