• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that annoy you

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
I like porridge, and I like coffee. I don't want them in the same mug though 🤢
You won't.

Legohead

Banned
Oat milk. Almond milk. Soy milk. Hemp milk. Etc etc. Look on the packaging and you'll usually see that the ingredients contain so little of the oats, almonds, soy, hemp that it's basically flavoured water.

As the great Alan Partridge said about manufacturers should be legally obliged to label crab sticks, crab flavoured sticks because they don't contain any crab. These alternative milks should equally be labelled oat flavoured milk water for example because they contain barely any oats or oat milk.

Grecian2K

How do you milk an almond (or an oat for that matter)
I imagine that you'd need a very tiny three-legged stool?

fred binneys head

I think it comes from their tear ducts, so you get 10,000 almonds in a shed and show them Watership Down. It's quite cruel but tastes nice. I think almond milk is like foie gras in that respect, although I've never eaten foie gras.

iscalad

Done by the same bloke who makes fish fingers

Legohead

Banned
I think it comes from their tear ducts, so you get 10,000 almonds in a shed and show them Watership Down. It's quite cruel but tastes nice. I think almond milk is like foie gras in that respect, although I've never eaten foie gras.
Very good of you not to have eaten fois gras Fred. As everyone knows I do like to hurl the ***** accusation around on these boards quite frequently but I do think it is safe to say that anyone who does eat foie gras or thinks its acceptable is most definitely a grade A *****.

Antony Moxey

Did you mean cow milk? I really hope so otherwise you're even more weird than I had you down as.

Try oat milk - it's absolutely bloody lovely in coffee, on cereal or just to drink. I love oat milk almost as much as I love Ryan Bowman.
Milk in coffee is like putting tomato ketchup on a roast dinner.

iscalad

I had a lodger who did that. After all the time and money spent on the roast beef 🍖 dinner, I was less than impressed. Never cooked one for him again.

fred binneys head

Awesome. You’ll be telling me you don’t drink soup from the bowl next.

Tim Long

One of the few delights of insomnia is being able to listen to the Shipping Forecast of a morning on R4, from about 5.15am.

At least, it should be - when read properly, the Shipping Forecast is pure poetry, with Fisher, Fastnet, FitzRoy, Forties, Faeroes and Fair Isle all merging into an aural massage that is always Good, often with a New High, and occasionally Phenomenal.

Not so with Helen Willetts, I'm afraid. To hear her stumbling over her words and confusing the Forecast areas this morning has ruined my day for me. It was painful. I almost went back to bed. I'm sorry but she just ain't got it. Sort it out BBCthorpe - bring back the eloquent and soothing tones of Neil Nunes, now!
When I heard this being trailed on 6 Music, I assumed it was satire.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p08ft8lr
May not get you to sleep, but it is the shipping forecast.
Or you could try West Indian cricketer Carlos Braithwaite, so intrigued by Test Match Special taking breaks for the shipping forecast he had to find out what it was
I assume the reason Ms Willetts did it is because Carlos was unavailable as he was flying back to Barbados.