• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that annoy you

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Good. Nail the barsteward.
Just need to compile a suitably stocked dossier first.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
It's mirror, indicate then manoeuvre. It's not that difficult!

DB9

Teaching someone or another idiot on the road?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Teaching someone or another idiot on the road?
Too many idiots on the road 😡

Legohead

Banned
This annoys me too. The number of people that brake sharply THEN indicate after is staggering. The reason they should indicate is to let me know that they are about to brake and turn off and i can then prepare but no, slam the brakes on and THEN indicate. Pointless then as they've already nearly caused me to crash into the back of them!

Another one is people leaving their indicators on which is the main reason i don't pull out at a junction when a car is approaching indicating to turn off. If they by chance have left their indicator on and i pull out then BOOM! Twisted metal. People leaving their indicators on is also a frequent occurrence.

Spoonz Red E

This annoys me too. The number of people that brake sharply THEN indicate after is staggering. The reason they should indicate is to let me know that they are about to brake and turn off and i can then prepare but no, slam the brakes on and THEN indicate. Pointless then as they've already nearly caused me to crash into the back of them!

Another one is people leaving their indicators on which is the main reason i don't pull out at a junction when a car is approaching indicating to turn off. If they by chance have left their indicator on and i pull out then BOOM! Twisted metal. People leaving their indicators on is also a frequent occurrence.
A problem I often have when on my bike and pulling into Old Tiverton Road from St James Road after being at the club.
Cars come off the roundabout and leave the indicator on and also slow down as the road narrows.
It looks like they are going to turn into St James Road but they aren't.
After a few close shaves I now assume all cars are carrying straight on until they actually turn.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
After a few close shaves I now assume all cars are carrying straight on until they actually turn.
A wise policy! Similar problem for me - was a vehicle signalling to turn into my road, or into the petrol station a few yards further on? Answer - wait and see.

Alistair20000

Trust no one. Practice the art of defensive driving. Good advice from my wise Dad when I started driving

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
A certain lack of community spirit here Logster.

Remember: we are all in this together.
It's bleeding rude Al. My next door neighbour took my wheelie bin, filled it with her junk and never said a word. It was only after I scoured the neighbourhood for the best part of two hours that she finally put it outside "my" gate. I explained to her in the friendliest of terms (she's a single parent mum) that I didn't mind her using it but at least inform me and save me a great deal of time and effort. As it was, because she missed the collection, I had her stuff in my bin for a bleeding fortnight.

Alistair20000

It's bleeding rude Al. My next door neighbour took my wheelie bin, filled it with her junk and never said a word. It was only after I scoured the neighbourhood for the best part of two hours that she finally put it outside "my" gate. I explained to her in the friendliest of terms (she's a single parent mum) that I didn't mind her using it but at least inform me and save me a great deal of time and effort. As it was, because she missed the collection, I had her stuff in my bin for a bleeding fortnight.
Build a dossier and nail her Stuffers. See Lionel’s post above