• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that annoy you

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
we were apes too once upon a time
Unless evolution has run amok in the southern Indonesian islands, I believe we still very much are apes.

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
The amount of temporary traffic lights in and around St Helens. Either roads or pavements being dug up. No less than 5 sets on my 5 mile journey to work, and then today, they were setting up another lot :mad:

IndoMike

Unless evolution has run amok in the southern Indonesian islands, I believe we still very much are apes.
Think that depends on which scientist you ask, Stroudy. It is debatable.
Interestingly the most auspicious English dictionaries do not include humans in their lists of examples of apes, but they are not experts in the field, and neither am I.

LOG

Humans and apes share a common ancestor rather than one having evolved from the other.

Colesman Ballz

Humans and apes share a common ancestor rather than one having evolved from the other.
What about Spider Monkeys ? ;)

Spoonz Red E

Yep, that was my grandad's dark secret.

IndoMike

Yep, that was my grandad's dark secret.
Haha... ....

StroudGrecian

Think that depends on which scientist you ask, Stroudy. It is debatable.
Interestingly the most auspicious English dictionaries do not include humans in their lists of examples of apes, but they are not experts in the field, and neither am I.
I am, and humans are apes.

IndoMike

I am, and humans are apes.

I know you're on a mission, Stroudy, but this is the wrong mission. Apetalk is not your thing.

Last edited:

StroudGrecian

I know you're on a mission, Stroudy, but this is the wrong mission. Apetalk is not your thing.
I know what I'm talking about Indy. I've seen all the films. Even the one with Mark Wahlberg in it that's a bit rubbish.