• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that annoy you

Stelios

Connectivity, or rather the way everyone is trying to get you to sign up for all things connected.
Don't get me started on that! How did we ever survive without it!

My new energy supplier want to install a smart meter which would send back my usage details to them every 30 minutes 24/7. I'm alright thanks.

I can't imagine there being any security issues with those front door locks you can open/close from your phone. Supposedly to let in delivery drivers etc. I'm sure some 14 year old hacker has long since found a way into them.

dontpassback

Smart meters are anything but ,and anyone who lets someone fit one in their property needs their head examined!

Swanaldo

Very well known Exeweb poster
People who have managed to research, view, test drive, buy, insure, register and tax a Suzuki Jimny and still think it's called a Suzuki Jimmy.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
I can't imagine there being any security issues with those front door locks you can open/close from your phone. Supposedly to let in delivery drivers etc. I'm sure some 14 year old hacker has long since found a way into them.
I've only seen the ones that are a video feed doorbell and you just tell the bloke where to leave the parcel, not seen one that unlocks anything.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
My new energy supplier want to install a smart meter which would send back my usage details to them every 30 minutes 24/7. I'm alright thanks
My supplier is also very keen. I'm not.

Stelios

I've only seen the ones that are a video feed doorbell and you just tell the bloke where to leave the parcel, not seen one that unlocks anything.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/technology-41747074

Don't know if they exist yet or are just concepts.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster

Swanaldo

I had reason to take the trap off the kitchen sink earlier. This resulted in the following scenario:

• A handful of smelly bits of plastic that desperately needed to be washed out.
and

• Nowhere to wash them.

(puke)

Last edited:

iscalad

I had reason to take the trap off the kitchen sink earlier. This resulted in the following scenario:

• A handful of smelly bits of plastic that desperately needed to be washed out.
and

• Nowhere to wash them.

(puke)
Do you not have a sink in the bathroom?

Leave them out in the rain.

Take the bits around to a neighbour.

Last edited:

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
The silly old sod who lives somewhere near me. He takes his two tiny dogs for walks, both on thirty-foot leads, and makes no move to rein them in when he passes someone.