• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that annoy you

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
Cristiano Ronaldo's Adams apple.

Alistair20000

Cristiano Ronaldo's Adams apple.
Some might say it is not little

Alistair20000

Am I eternally damned for hating either version of the Jam/Cream division?
For me, the best Scone (or 'scon' if you prefer) is served lightly toasted with a topping of cheese -perhaps with a few slithers of onion sprinkled in
Is this a plain scone or a cheese scone with additional cheeseage ?

Love a cheese scone me

Alistair20000

Blame Exeter City Council ! As far as I am aware, owners are responsible for repairing listed buildings back to their original state. When Brownsword started showing "cold feet" he should have been hit with a repair notice, and he had received £25-30M in insurance payments to finance it. Instead by allowing a sale unhindered, the liability passes on to the new owner, allowing the necessary finance to be "divorced" from the building (less any sweetener Brent was able to elicit of course !). Allowing the planning application for Colsons to be converted to a hotel was another "nail in the coffin" for the Clarence. Exeter's Chief Executive is Karime Hassan, a town planner by profession, why wasn't he all over this ? :unsure:
It appears that Harry Potter has bought the site through a newly formed valueless company which will presumably shaft ECC if they try to enforce anything.

Did ECC have the legal power to stop the sale ?

Rosencrantz

Banner adverts on Exeweb showing scones with jam on first
I will always take Jam over Cream. A Town Called Malice, Going Underground, Eton Rifles, just more my cup of tea despite the talent of Clapton and Baker.

Colesman Ballz

It appears that Harry Potter has bought the site through a newly formed valueless company which will presumably shaft ECC if they try to enforce anything.

Did ECC have the legal power to stop the sale ?
Not that I am aware of. A reinstatement order may have helped to dissuade would be purchasers. If a reinstatement order is ignored, a council can go ahead with the works and then recharge the owner, but if HP'S company is valueless it is probably an empty threat. Let's face it ECC is borassic and is still trying to find the money to pay for the St Sidwells Point overrun fiasco. They seem incapable of managing such large scale "self glorification" projects, without them costing double or more !

Possibly there would be scope for a Compulsory Purchase Order, if the value could be proved to be low enough, but what could ECC hope to achieve on the site themselves ?. The horse has probably already "bolted", unless BoJo can be persuaded to dole out some eye-watering grants ? :mad:

DB9

This makes me more than annoyed, it makes me so F@%king Angry, Why did the authorities not act? He was on their radar and yet under the guise of lockdown never visited him that much. This poor little mite never stood a chance, His own mother was in jail for kiling her partner, I hope the two that did this rot in hell and every day in prison is the worst day of their lives. His name will be added to a very lost list of failure by those who are suppose to look out for them. Baby P, Victoria Climbie now Arthur Labinjo-Hughes. RIP

Oldsmobile-88

The tragic story really upset me when I watched a news report yesterday.That poor lad.Issues were flagged up to Social Services & the Police by concerned relatives.Probably too occupied by Covid protocols at the time to properly investigate.Another victim by default.
He may have survived if his school was open at the time.Being in a house with two scumbags 24/7 he had no chance.

angelic upstart

This makes me more than annoyed, it makes me so F@%king Angry, Why did the authorities not act? He was on their radar and yet under the guise of lockdown never visited him that much. This poor little mite never stood a chance, His own mother was in jail for kiling her partner, I hope the two that did this rot in hell and every day in prison is the worst day of their lives. His name will be added to a very lost list of failure by those who are suppose to look out for them. Baby P, Victoria Climbie now Arthur Labinjo-Hughes. RIP

It's one of the rare stories that affect me. This is too big for this thread in my opinion.

angelic upstart

Christmas lights outside of the house. I don't understand it, so it annoys me a little.