• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that annoy you

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not sure i'd be a very regular visitor to a "What actors did in the war" thread.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes, but it's little to do with a review of a film you've seen recently. Just start a new thread called 'what actors did in the war' or something like that.
I was only attempting to add a little more infomation regarding those actors who bravely drop everything including a cushy lifestyle to "sign on." In the case of James Stewart, he went from a highly paid star to a private soldier doing fatigue duties in the cookhouse before he was granted his commission to fly B-24 Liberator bombers over Germany. When you and I review films we are, in a minor way, only mimicking what professional critics do on TV programmes like "Discovering Clark Gable" who was said to be an air gunner on the B-17 Flying Fortress. However, It seems that Log and Al are in agreement with you and so I give way and bow out of Exeweb. I wish you well.

Colesman Ballz

I was only attempting to add a little more infomation regarding those actors who bravely drop everything including a cushy lifestyle to "sign on." In the case of James Stewart, he went from a highly paid star to a private soldier doing fatigue duties in the cookhouse before he was granted his commission to fly B-24 Liberator bombers over Germany. When you and I review films we are, in a minor way, only mimicking what professional critics do on TV programmes like "Discovering Clark Gable" who was said to be an air gunner on the B-17 Flying Fortress. However, It seems that Log and Al are in agreement with you and so I give way and bow out of Exeweb. I wish you well.
Feck 'em Stuffy, you carry on posting what you like about the films which you are watching. They can carry on to their hearts content rabbiting on about tired old franchises the likes of Fast and Furious 39 ! :cool: All they need to do is skip over to another post . That's the trouble with these younger feckers, totally intolerant with the attention span of gnats ! 😁

DB9

Feck 'em Stuffy, you carry on posting what you like about the films which you are watching. They can carry on to their hearts content rabbiting on about tired old franchises the likes of Fast and Furious 39 ! :cool: All they need to do is skip over to another post . That's the trouble with these younger feckers, totally intolerant with the attention span of gnats ! 😁
Think there needs to be a ruling on this by the Flouncing committee, Biscuits need to be properly sourced this time.

Seriously though Stuffers, No need to flounce my friend, I always found your knowledge interesting, Plus where am I going to banter about your digging up spurious websites from the net when parading your passion for the old Union Jack and the "Evil" EU plus the "Possible French/German invasion of Russia" you have in your mind! 😉😄👍

Last edited:

Antony Moxey

So now this thread, specifically for moans about things that annoy you, also descends into a what actors did in the war.. Seriously, just start a new thread if you want to discuss it instead of flouncing off the boards = there’s no need to be quite so melodramatic.

iscalad

So now this thread, specifically for moans about things that annoy you, also descends into a what actors did in the war.. Seriously, just start a new thread if you want to discuss it instead of flouncing off the boards = there’s no need to be quite so melodramatic.
Sharknado!!

LOG

However, It seems that Log and Al are in agreement with you and so I give way and bow out of Exeweb. I wish you well.
No need to be like that, Stuffers. There are plenty of threads i tend to avoid either because i don't find them interesting or they're a waste of time. That doesn't mean other people aren't interested though and they're free to carry on.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Spending hours trying to get the colour , sharpness , mood settings etc on the tv right with very little joy only to have our young son come in and say use 60,62,55 !

Perfect picture quality right away , How does he remember what the settings are on his tv grrrrrr !

DB9

Spending hours trying to get the colour , sharpness , mood settings etc on the tv right with very little joy only to have our young son come in and say use 60,62,55 !

Perfect picture quality right away , How does he remember what the settings are on his tv grrrrrr !
You can't do what you use to do in the old days Ramone, Give a wallop to the top of the TV with your hand. :)

fred binneys head

When people say Except when they mean Accept

Cough, cough, DB9, cough

• Haha
Reactions: DB9