• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that annoy you

exeter-loyal

Earlier stopped waiting for the traffic light to turn green. It finally does then 5 seconds later a beep to move them on and then they look around oblivious to wtf is happening. 10+ seconds later they go then by then it's nearly red again!!

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
The Co-op food stores donating monies from the sale of strawberries to a charitable cause on your behalf ! Think I'll be buying any strawberries I want somewhere else from now on.
Ahem...
I like the fact with these biscuits there is a donation to the Royal British Legion with every packet sold.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
I like to choose which charities I support !

Alistair20000

You done Stroudy a good ‘un there matey (y)

StroudGrecian

I'm sure you do son, I'm sure you do, but what you said annoyed you was that co-op were donating to a charitable cause, not the charitable cause itself.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm sure you do son, I'm sure you do, but what you said annoyed you was that co-op were donating to a charitable cause, not the charitable cause itself.
Are you a bit dim ? And please don't call me "son" you aren't my father.

IndoMike

Because even though I donate to various charities I like to choose who my money goes to and the latest co-op advert says it donates some of that money of the sale of strawberries to a charity I don't wish to support.
But after you buy the strawberries it's not your money anymore, so Tesco can do what it likes with it. They don't need your approval.
And why do you buy there if you don't approve of their policy of giving money to charity?
The bigger question is if they really do give "some" of the money to an unnamed charity. What charity? How much? How does the system work?

StroudGrecian

Are you a bit dim ? And please don't call me "son" you aren't my father.
Not really, no. Just wondering whether it was the act of giving that was annoying you, or the charity they were giving to.

Son.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
But after you buy the strawberries it's not your money anymore, so Tesco can do what it likes with it. They don't need your approval.
And why do you buy there if you don't approve of their policy of giving money to charity?
The bigger question is if they really do give "some" of the money to an unnamed charity. What charity? How much? How does the system work?
Here we go again ... Indomike getting involved in something that is nothing to do with him must be going for most annoying poster of the year or most amount number of posts in a year award !

Firstly it was Tesco it was Co-op
Secondly I was saying I wont be buying their strawberries due to their latest ad on the tv.
How can I answer the "what charity" bit when its un named ? ...in the advert just says it gives a proportion of the sales to certain charities which I wouldn't like to donate to.

For Stroud ... Giving to charities isn't a problem for me at all as I have standing orders which go out every month and year and in 5 years of selling poppies raised approx. 18k for the RBL , It was the charity mentioned in the advert that I don't particularly approve of .

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
I donate clothes, books and bric-a-brac to charity shops, plus small amounts of cash into collection tins. However, should I spy a Wiltshire Air Ambulance collector (as I frequently do) by the exit of the Aldi store at the top of Thamesdown Drive here in Swindon, I always pretend to be taking money from my trouser pocket knowing full well they will say that they don't except money but would you like to sign up for a monthly donation? I always reply that they should bring a tin along with them next time and I will gladly drop a donation into it but they never do.