Little things that annoy you

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Getting bloody texts saying my parcel has arrived but need to "Pay £1.45 unpaid postage" to retrieve it! Bloody scammers, Haven't even ordered anything!!

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
When driving and the DAB signal drops out. It doesn't fade away- just disappears as if someone has flicked the Off switch. The other day there was an item about Monkeypox, it wasn't particularly interesting but the presenter asked this professor why it was called Monkeypox when it has nothing to do with monkeys. "Good question" he answered. Off went the radio. It came back on as the boffin said "And that's why we call it Monkeypox".

Now I'll never know.

DB9

When driving and the DAB signal drops out. It doesn't fade away- just disappears as if someone has flicked the Off switch. The other day there was an item about Monkeypox, it wasn't particularly interesting but the presenter asked this professor why it was called Monkeypox when it has nothing to do with monkeys. "Good question" he answered. Off went the radio. It came back on as the boffin said "And that's why we call it Monkeypox".

Now I'll never know.
The one big problem with DAB, The signal. I was driving around Stroud in Gloucestershire and had the same problem, Signal dipping in and out, Its great most of the time and hearing sport on say 5live without the old MW bad signal but it seems to have a lot of dead spots, I did hear that the signal had been boosted though and is being improved.

elginCity

Elitism - The Cambridges conspicuously elevating their young sprogs beyond that of their cousins - with balcony advantage to watch the air display and horse drawn carriage rides. Some cousins are more equal than others, especially within the RF.