• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that annoy you

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Who is this person? Genuine Question as i have no idea.
She is a Latino actress who played Maria in the recent adaption of West Side Story.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
She is a Latino actress who played Maria in the recent adaption of West Side Story.
Cheers Hants, Obviously know the original and knew there was a remake, Does she play the role Natalie Wood made famous?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Cheers Hants, Obviously know the original and knew there was a remake, Does she play the role Natalie Wood made famous?
Yes the same character.

DB9

Yes the same character.
Ta, But she's no Natilie Wood. :love: Sorry i digress Hants.

Rosencrantz

It looks like she was asked by a fan on Instagram what she was wearing to The Oscars (the film is up for Best Picture so it's reasonable to presume that the star performer might be going I would guess). She just answered the question in a "actually not invited so watching from the sofa along with everyone else" kind of way. Then there was the reaction from others (including original cast members) rather than her. Now she has been added to help present an award. Not sure she has really done anything to have any opprobrium heaped on her except answer a fan's question honestly in a jokey way. Over the top fans reaction, maybe.

fred binneys head

Rachel Zegler doing the "poor me" thing on her twitter account because she wasnt invited to the Oscars , And the people in charge of the event backing down under fans outrage.
Wokedom at its finest right there.
I find anti-wokedom far more annoying than anything the anti-wokers consider to be woke. This is a perfect example - see Rosencrantz's explanation above.

Rosencrantz

I find anti-wokedom far more annoying than anything the anti-wokers consider to be woke. This is a perfect example - see Rosencrantz's explanation above.
I don't see anything wrong in being alert to social injustice. Unfortunately the word has been hijacked to be used as a pejorative term for almost any situation that is deemed to be the new version of "PC gone mad". Handy in stirring up a "culture war" for some of course.

DB9

This bloody WC Draw, Just get on with it!!! It's more of a borefest than the Oscars!

DB9

Trying to insure a new car via my insurers app, Doesn't recognise the reg, Nor the year its registered, So bloody infuriating when you phone up after hours the message says "It's so simple via our app" Yeah right! 🙄🤬

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Following a female driver first thing this morning on the A396 who because she was too busy preening her hair in the rear view mirror couldnt or wouldnt go over 28mph on an almost 60mph road all the way from Cowley Bridge to just outside Tivvy where the road was blocked for at that time was an unknown reason (found out later there was a crash) only for her to pull over in a little layby put both her hands up as if to say "where do we go from here" in my direction.