• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that amuse you

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
The chap on Spotlight lunchtime news just now extolling the benefits of "canicross" (cross-country running with dogs) is called Calvin Mudd.

Tim Long

The chap on Spotlight lunchtime news just now extolling the benefits of "canicross" (cross-country running with dogs) is called Calvin Mudd.
That's slightly more than ankle deep, then.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
There's a minor road closed near here and the traffic is diverted down an even smaller lane. I've just been held up for about five minutes as two lady motorists met each other head on and, quite clearly, neither could reverse their car, it was approximately an entire vehicle length into some gateways after all. After they faced off for a while they both made an attempt to reverse and each ended up diagonally across the lane. Then they had another go with one helpfully pulling the side mirror in. Eventually one of them managed to manoeuvre enough for them to pass each other.

Can't wait for the schools to open properly again.

Grecian2K

There's a minor road closed near here and the traffic is diverted down an even smaller lane. I've just been held up for about five minutes as two lady motorists met each other head on and, quite clearly, neither could reverse their car, it was approximately an entire vehicle length into some gateways after all. After they faced off for a while they both made an attempt to reverse and each ended up diagonally across the lane. Then they had another go with one helpfully pulling the side mirror in. Eventually one of them managed to manoeuvre enough for them to pass each other.
When I was "working on the roads" this was a perennial problem in the more rural areas. Whether it be Devon's winding hedge lined lanes, the minor roads zig-zagging the fields in the flatlands of Norfolk & Suffolk, or even the seemingly endless single track roads (even "A" ones) in the Highlands of Scotland you could almost guarantee meeting someone (sadly, usually of the 'tender gender') who, although only a few yards past a passing point, would refuse to budge and insist on you doing a long reversing manoeuvre instead.

Used to make my blood boil!!! :mad: (Although, when driving a "Company Branded" vehicle one had to keep one's temper in check and lip buttoned lest a complaint went in to Head Office)

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
When I was "working on the roads" this was a perennial problem in the more rural areas. Whether it be Devon's winding hedge lined lanes, the minor roads zig-zagging the fields in the flatlands of Norfolk & Suffolk, or even the seemingly endless single track roads (even "A" ones) in the Highlands of Scotland you could almost guarantee meeting someone (sadly, usually of the 'tender gender') who, although only a few yards past a passing point, would refuse to budge and insist on you doing a long reversing manoeuvre instead.

Used to make my blood boil!!! :mad: (Although, when driving a "Company Branded" vehicle one had to keep one's temper in check and lip buttoned lest a complaint went in to Head Office)
I know what you mean, I almost posted my anecdote on the Feckin Dire thread.

OmanGrecian

Spoonz Red E

Canicross, of course, is also the nickname given to most of our wide players.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
In the backend of Exeweb, I got the message "Cookie nonce is invalid".

Oh err, missus :ROFLMAO:

LOG

Shoe Zone have replaced their Finance Director, Peter Foot, with a chap called Terry Boot.

Colesman Ballz

Shoe Zone have replaced their Finance Director, Peter Foot, with a chap called Terry Boot.

Did applicants for the post have to change their name by deed poll in order to be eligible for the position ? 😎