• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that amuse you

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
The sign in Dorset that says Monkeyworld Tank Museum. The two are clearly different attractions but othe thought of them combined makes me smile every time. I also am amused by funny surnames which helps pass the time in my job
On a similar note, there used to be a sign by Pinhoe Sainsburys for Whipton University.

Mr Jinx

Walking past Horny Goat Weed in the health food store always has me silently chuckling.

Juan Kossof

Reading too much Spike Milligan makes you look for plays on words etc. Once went into a cafe and was asked if I wanted a curd tart. I asked if it was a Spoonerism, only to be told "no it's a cake".

Cerbera

Farting silently, then blaming the dog.

crocks

Plymouth Argyle

Poultice

Once went into a cafe and was asked if I wanted a curd tart.
Get yourself a knifing for that sort of talk up the Edgeware Road.

Shabba's Back

How some people can't get over things that happened in the past. It's amusing to me, but also very sad :)

Juan Kossof

Get yourself a knifing for that sort of talk up the Edgeware Road.
It was in Harrogate. But good point -times change. Imagine publishing a book called "Scouting for Boys" today.

JRFowler

The amount of people on here who think I'm a multi!

ecfc70

if you find yourself going towards marsh mills roundabout from plymton, just before the lights in the left hand lane and painted in big white letters on the road are these 2 words

EXETER
CITY

used to make me chuckle every time