• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that amuse you

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Maybe not amuses me but certainly gives me a little frisson when the voice at Asdas self service checkout, on requesting payment says in a soft, sexy and suggestive tone asks, "....or slide your card along the chip reader"

Makes parting with money so much easier.

:$

Juan Kossof

For some Satnavs you can get different "voices" including a bloke with tourettes - which is pretty amusing. Worth going the wrong way on purpose occasionally.

Last edited:

Ian Sideman

I just overhead someone say....

"I was being used. I was just a prawn in the game".

Almost choked on me Werthers Original.

The sign outside the back of the New Horizon cafe on Longbrook St, advertising "Typical Arab Cousin".

LOG

I have an Alsatian Cousin.

C*ckney W*nker

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
Seeing someone fall off a kerb or fall over will amuse me everytime

Alistair20000

Are you trawling through old threads today Shabbs ?

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
Are you trawling through old threads today Shabbs ?
yup, I was looking for a particular thread and my ability to use the searching tool, ends up with me getting stressed. However, I have been unable to find the thread and may get back to looking later.

Alistair20000

yup, I was looking for a particular thread and my ability to use the searching tool, ends up with me getting stressed. However, I have been unable to find the thread and may get back to looking later.
I know what you mean on searching for a thread. There must be a better way or perhaps I don't use the search tool properly. Advice please anybody.

Which thread are you trying to find ? A lot disappeared in the Great Exeweb Wipeout.