• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that amuse you

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
The story of the pizza shop owner on the BBC News site today. He was puzzled by complaints about deliveries, when he doesn't have a delivery service. Tuned out that a delivery service were buying them and selling them on. His top of the range offering is £24 , yet they were reselling them for just £16 ! He thought that he would experiment so ordered a delivery of ten to a friend's address, and they duly arrived. Although an £80 profit margin was not to be sniffed at, he wondered if he could do better, so ordered another ten, but this time he didn't put any toppings on, and just put bases in the boxes. They duly arrived and he was paid £24 a pop !

It seems that the delivery company did this in order to produce impressive sales figures in bid to sign up his and other companies to their services. Welcome to the weird and wonderful world of loss making start ups ! :ROFLMAO:

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster

Happy Devon Day everybody !

iscalad

Happy Devon Day everybody !
Cream on first

Legohead

Banned
Hearing adverts on the radio about stores opening and making a great play on the fact that they have 'social distancing' in place as though it's somehow a unique selling point. :ROFLMAO:

I've not been into a shop since the middle of March and won't ever again until things are back to normal. No way am i queueing just to get into a shop. It's ludicrous.

LOG

My daily mix on Spotify today included the theme tune from 'Allo 'Allo.

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
My daily mix on Spotify today included the theme tune from 'Allo 'Allo.
Too many Zoom quizzes sharing audio, Lionel.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Happy 75th birthday to Debbie Harry.

{sigh}

DB9

Happy 75th birthday to Debbie Harry.

{sigh}
Now i know I'm getting old! 75????

Alistair20000

Reading that "the office affair" may be at risk as more people choose to work from home. :)

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Olimony : Payments due from an ex player's sell on clause.