• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that amuse you

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Currently batting for England are Storks and Porp.

Love Darren Gough's accent me.

Legohead

Banned
Currently batting for England are Storks and Porp.

Love Darren Gough's accent me.

I'm the same. Whenever I hear someone being interviewed on the local news oop ere in't norf I often cringe and say to the other half, 'do I REALLY sound like that?!' They sound really thick.

Unfortunately the answer is always a yes.

Just to clarify, I am not suggesting there is a link between heavy regional accents and educational ability. I know lurking pedant on here will probably question me about it so getting my defence in first. ;)

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
You've no idea of the grief I get as a Devon boy living in the Midlands !!

Legohead

Banned
You've no idea of the grief I get as a Devon boy living in the Midlands !!
I can imagine a thick Devon accent sticks out just as much in Yorkshire / Midlands as a Yorkshire / Midlands one does down in Devon. Personally the midlands accent is one of my least favourites.

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster

Alistair20000

Observing the Post Person in Exeter this morning wearing a furry, beaver type hat with ear flaps (a la facon Tisdale) to keep out the cold and...............................shorts.

Why do they always wear shorts ? :unsure:

Rosencrantz

Observing the Post Person in Exeter this morning wearing a furry, beaver type hat with ear flaps (a la facon Tisdale) to keep out the cold and...............................shorts.

I haven't seen a postie in trousers for quite a while. Maybe they are making cuts from the bottom up.

Grecian2K

I haven't seen a postie in trousers for quite a while. Maybe they are making cuts from the bottom up.
Good efficiency move that - should reduce the time needed for toilet breaks considerably.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster

I believe they do it to provoke the terrier community.

Legohead

Banned
A Government spokesman claiming that NHS hospitals are ready and equipped to deal with any cases of the coronavirus. :ROFLMAO::LOL:

Absolute gold! They can't manage currently never mind if demand increases due to a viral outbreak. Maybe it's all those new doctors and nurses they promised us after all? ;)