• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Lionesses

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Lost 2:1 at Wembley against Germany....seemed completely overwhelmed by the occasion in the opening 25 minute going behind to very poorly conceded goal (hope the EW goalkeeping expert didn’t see it)...then all of a sudden the confidence came flooding back playing some good attacking football and should have gone in at halftime in front having missed another penalty....pretty even second half in a game they could have won had it not been for that first 25 mins.....overall they look a very good team going forward but the defensive issues of the World Cup still remain!

Legohead

Banned
I can't say I've ever watched women's football but I saw the crowd figure at the game today and couldn't believe it! Amazing achievement.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Looked like quite a few empty seats at Wembley earlier tbh.

IndoMike

I'm not sure yet if Phil Neville is gonna make a good coach after he made a big tactical mistake in the WC semi - final but it's refreshing to read his honesty after last night's game :
"The 42-year-old, who has been in charge since January 2018, added: "I've got to take responsibility for those results. I'm the one that picks the team. I'm the one that sets the tactics, I train them, I talk to them, I communicate with them".

dontpassback

Watched a little bit of the game,quite entertaining but I don’t think Neville is the right manager for them,nonetheless a lot of girls are taking up the game from a young age so all power to them !

Red Devon

Watched a little bit of the game,quite entertaining but I don’t think Neville is the right manager for them,nonetheless a lot of girls are taking up the game from a young age so all power to them !
Think you may be right... get the feeling that Phil Neville May be a bit soft with them...Listening to Kelly Smith she seemed to have a better understanding of what’s needed to be done, and more importantly needs to be said...to move things forward.

DB9

If they want the women's game to thrive then it has to keep winning as much as possible, A losing team will not draw in the crowds and will have a knock on affect to the domestic game. I know the men's international team haven't won jack but our domestic leagues are well established and supported

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Saw it reported on the tv the crowd was closer to 76K than the hyped 80K so not a sell out.

IndoMike

He made the mistake of changing the system in the semi-final, bringing our right winger into the middle, even though she was good on the wing. Trying to be too clever. To make such a change in such an important march didn't make sense. Why change a winning formula?

Red Devon

Only saw the second half of last nights 3:2 win over Czech Republic.

There only seemed to be a handful of people at the game.

You didn’t need to be a lip reading expert to understand what Jordan Nobbs said to the ref for her yellow! 😂