• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Lincoln City v Exeter City Match day thread!!

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yep! I'll take that all day long. Lincoln will be a top half of the table side come next May. Hanging on for dear life at the end but great resilience shown by the lads.

rustle

Nombe looked fine when he came to the fans at the end
Hope that's a good sign.......

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
A hard-earned but very positive point to start the season. The boys held out well.
This team's got ballz.
Onwards and Upwards!!

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm satisfied. Lincoln are one of the teams which will be around mid table. We need to be able to compete with those teams.

Pobbop

Yeah good point, shows we won't be outclassed in this League, a tad worried over Stubbs and Nombe though, but hey-ho, i'm always a worried as an Exeter fan and a "tad" is low on the scale.

Excellent result with four Academy players in the ' back five'. Goalkeeping coach in goal and Stubbs clearly not fit enough adds a bit of gloss to the result. Big Sam injury is a concern and hopefully we'll get some quality cover in very shortly.

Agent Andy

We looked very comfortable for the most part , some good football at times , think we’ll be fine this season when we adjust to our new surroundings . Solid point as I predicted 😜😜😜

dontpassback

Happy with a point,higher division and some good performances,so plenty to build on

JW57++

Exewebbers should be applying for jobs as TV pundits. 1-1 was easily the most popular prediction in the July/August points prediction thread.

Red faced

I don't really think we hanging on that much at the end although we did look very tired. During our brighter spells esp in the first half, we looked much the better team. JB & Nobe looked as dangerous as any ones we've ever had I reckon. shame we didnt capitalize on those chances ini first half or we would have led at HT 3-0. I thought we looked seriously impressive. No doubt we will face teams better than us but based on that (and if we are lucky with injuries) , we could have a bloody good season I say - well done city -

and well doe scott Brown as well - huge effort