• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Life’s simple pleasures

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Listening to a cuckoo this morning.
What sound did it make?

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
What sound did it make?
Cuckoo, cuckoo......pause....cuckoo ,cuckoo.....pause....etc

It did this continuously until my wife fetched her phone to record it. Then it stopped.

DB9

Being inside a pub with a pint of 6x and a nice meal. I'm in Exton btw, next to the Meon River.
If the weather was decent, A nice picnic at Old Winchester Hill looking over the South Downs would be nice. Meon Valley can be nice too.

DB9

Just realising as you board a train and look at your ticket you see your company has given you a 1st class one, Doesn't happen often.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
If the weather was decent, A nice picnic at Old Winchester Hill looking over the South Downs would be nice. Meon Valley can be nice too.
Given the propensity for the weather to turn quickly from lovely sunshine to torrential rain in moments, I think picnics are off the menu! We did get near a few years back, after starting a walk from the former West Meon station coming back via the George and Falcon at Warnford for a lovely lunch. The road back was sign-posted for Winchester Hill, but the little hill back to the station was enough for us!

We off for a circular walk today starting in Fritham which will take in the famous Royal Oak, which I'd never heard of!

Yesterday we did Exbury Gardens. Our timing was perfect as the Azaleas and the Rhodendrons were in full bloom and the sun shone for us. I even got to have a ride behind a steam train that runs on a narrow gauge through part of the gardens. Bliss :)

DB9

Given the propensity for the weather to turn quickly from lovely sunshine to torrential rain in moments, I think picnics are off the menu! We did get near a few years back, after starting a walk from the former West Meon station coming back via the George and Falcon at Warnford for a lovely lunch. The road back was sign-posted for Winchester Hill, but the little hill back to the station was enough for us!

We off for a circular walk today starting in Fritham which will take in the famous Royal Oak, which I'd never heard of!

Yesterday we did Exbury Gardens. Our timing was perfect as the Azaleas and the Rhodendrons were in full bloom and the sun shone for us. I even got to have a ride behind a steam train that runs on a narrow gauge through part of the gardens. Bliss :)
Old Winchester Hill is a steep trek if you're not use to it but the view at the iron age settlement is stunning, I think the steam train at Exbury is the only thing I like there, I'm not into shrubs and flowers like the good lady but is a nice walk around.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Finished our 5 mile walk only to find the pub closed 😭😭😭

iscalad

Oh dear........😅😅😅

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Life's simple pleasure then ?

Keep on topic or someone will be threatening. Just saying like.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
It was a great walk though. So quiet, just the bird song, very people just the ponies. The rain held off and we stopped at one point to admire the view of Sherwood Forest as experienced by Morgan Freeman in the Robin Hood film.

Nice pub lunch later.