• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Liam Sercombe - He’s one of our own!

IBA

I rest my case....

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
And I can remember a time when he couldn’t seem to hit the back of the net with a banjo.Everything comes to him who waits......

STURTZ

I seem to remember that he was continually played out of position!

Sercombe took ages to develop into a first team regular, he was 25 before he moved on to Oxford (contract expired)). Hit 17 goals in his first season with Oxford playing a lot further forward. Should be noted that a lot of our current crop are a lot more developed than Liam was at their age.

Pete Martin (CTID)

I seem to remember that he was continually played out of position!

Sercombe took ages to develop into a first team regular, he was 25 before he moved on to Oxford (contract expired)). Hit 17 goals in his first season with Oxford playing a lot further forward. Should be noted that a lot of our current crop are a lot more developed than Liam was at their age.
Which probably gives an indication of how far the academy has developed and progressed since those days. Party of the strength of the academy now is the holistic approach to player development. It's producing great results and needs to be supported by all of us. I love to watch the youngsters coming through into the first team.

Colesman Ballz

And I can remember a time when he couldn’t seem to hit the back of the net with a banjo.Everything comes to him who waits......
Don't you have many cows around you in Kent Banksy ? :cool:

Grecian Max

Tisdale never got the best out of him because he's a box to box midfielder who doesn't want to be controlled to the tiniest detail. Was hardly a surprise when he went on to play very well at Oxford, Rovers and now Cheltenham.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tisdale never got the best out of him because he's a box to box midfielder who doesn't want to be controlled to the tiniest detail. Was hardly a surprise when he went on to play very well at Oxford, Rovers and now Cheltenham.
Agreed. Players are all different, some are effective in several roles (Paul Madeley...) others not. Sercs seems to need to play right attacking midfield where he is most effective; he's not one of those players who can fill different positions with ease - eg right back etc. as Tis tried in one PSF back in the day.

IBA

I don't know if I'm coming over all sentimental but from the interview I got a strong sense that a big part of Liam's heart is very much Exeter City.

Banksy

I don't know if I'm coming over all sentimental but from the interview I got a strong sense that a big part of Liam's heart is very much Exeter City.
Bet he won’t feel that way if Cheltenham get autos and we don’t.😩

IBA

Did you watch the same video that I did?