• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Lee Martin signs

Ash

Strange player L Martin. Showed glimpses of great quality, but didn't seem to have a settled position. I remember it was said that he didn't want to play on the wing but quite clearly isn't a forward.
Yeah, clearly not cr@p, but also not all that effective. Strange, as you say.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Strange player L Martin. Showed glimpses of great quality, but didn't seem to have a settled position. I remember it was said that he didn't want to play on the wing but quite clearly isn't a forward.
It might not have been where he wanted to play but it's where he would have been effective.

dontpassback

I think he gave it his best shot,albeit playing out of position,I wish him well at Ebbsfleet

Alistair20000

Not expecting that I thought he would at least sign for a Club in League Two possibly even for one in League One.
Not League One standard IMO.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
No lack of effort, or skill, but it didn't seem to click for him in his time here. He'll be a quality player in Conference South if he shows the same desire.

sign of the chimes

Not expecting that I thought he would at least sign for a Club in League Two possibly even for one in League One.
20/22 senior player caps coming, in all likelihood. It's going to massively discriminate against older pros, however good they are. It's also going to distort the market.

Rosencrantz

20/22 senior player caps coming, in all likelihood. It's going to massively discriminate against older pros, however good they are. It's also going to distort the market.
Blimey, we're going to have start signing like crazy. Oddly, that salary and senior player cap would probably benefit us although I am not sure about salary caps personally. With the "senior" or registered player caps though, the PL and Champions League already have a 25 player squad cap so it is not an "out there" proposition although 20 seems a bit tight.

Anyone know how many L1 or L2 sides had over 22 senior players last season? I make it we had 19*.

*includes MJ although homegrown (there is some discussion about homegrown players being exempt)

*Tillson and Dickenson counted as one as January transfers (one in, one out).

*Richardson not included as loan player under 21.

manc grecian

Martin was good enough playing off the striker mainly due to his work rate. He was utter ***** when he played wide. His form seemed to nosedive alarmingly after Christmas. Good luck to him.

Will remember him mainly for his goal in the cup v Ipswich, I had high hopes for him but unfortunately didn’t seem to work out here.

Red Devon

Will remember him mainly for his goal in the cup v Ipswich, I had high hopes for him but unfortunately didn’t seem to work out here.
Yes that was good day...the last gasp winner was definitely a season highlight the reaction of the crowd showed that.